Team Integra Forums banner

flowmaster power?

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  viprtwo 
#1 ·
I want an exaust for my 95 teg but don't have 300 or even 500 dollars. I think what i will end up doing is buying a flowmaster cat back exaust. It is 179.00 which is only one of my pay checks. Don't tell me to read micheals articles or search for info. I just want to know if anyone else has this exaust and how much power it gave them. I would not expect much cause it is only 2 inces. But it would probably be the best while i am in highschool. Thanks!

#8 ·
i got what you're saying now. i misread your post earlier. if you really care about the performance, a muffler by itself won't do anything. N1 gets really loud and it's usually very high pitched.

be patient. save up a little more. get a whole cat back with at least a 2.25" OD piping. replacing the stock 2" piping with another 2" piping won't do you a lot of good.

#13 ·
Well I have a 2.25" Flowmaster 60 Series muffler with piping everything equal. As far as performance, I'm not sure of the gains. But the sound is something else, haven't heard another car like mine. I've seen some other cars with 2.5" Flowmaster mufflers but it isn't the 60 Series. They add the universal one which doesn't sound so bad. I think I read somewhere that a 50 Series sounds really good. You could try getting the universal muffler if you want a 2.5".

#14 ·
hey cory..

your in the same position as my brother and his frends.. he's only 16 and trying to fix up his car. what i told him to do is to try searching the classifieds for a good name brand used exhuast. sometimes you'll find a nice greddy or apex for around $200-250. if its still too much or you can't find anything good, do not buy a flowmaster cat back system. i prefer the straight flow mufflers to the baffled or other designs.go the the muffler shop buy soemthign cheap with a 2.25 or 2.5' piping mandrel bent.. and watever muffler they have or bring your own free flowing one.. should not cost more then $150.

#17 ·
I got it for the sound. Like viprtwo said, it's all about cruising!!! I have an auto LS, why would I spend $500 for a cat-back, when I can use the money to make it sound beautiful with a whole system. I love the way a Flowmaster sounds and if that is what you want, then go with it. If you want performance, then like ExtremeGSRteg said, do not get a Flowmaster.

#19 ·
i have decided to just buy a magnaflow muffler for now. i was reading a tech article and it said to go in incrimints instead of all one diameter. I want to have a 2.5 in. inlet but i have not found one. IF you know of where i can find a magna flow muffler with a 2.5 inch inlet let me know!

#20 ·
yeah, you can buy them at the local muffler shop.. call around and ask. what free flow mufflers they have in 2.5' inlet and exit. BTW magna flow is LOUD!!!!!!!!!! your gonna need a looong resonator for that thing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.