Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Ive recently baught a 1998 2dr Integra LS. so far i only have a APC intake on it, and now i was lookin into exhausts. Being as im only 17, and have a part time job in a pizza shop, im pressured w/ $ due to the fact i make my own car payments and insurance aswell. But anyways onto my question. Ive found a Flowmaster exhaust at the local shop for $250, but i dont know very much about how well they would work on an Integra. So i was wondering if anyone had heard of one or knew something about them they could pass on. Thanks alot.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Im in your shoes too bro, no money for major mods.
Dont worry about the exhaust IMO until you get more $$ concentrate on making payments and insurance and save your money for any unexpected costs.

About the flowmasters, you dont drive a Mustang or an SUV!!!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
flowmaster sucks ass!! It makes your car sound like a weed eater...Flowmaster is only for big displacment engines.

·
Registered
296 Posts
did you run a regular flowmaster exhaust or the import line?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i know i saw that last night but i wish i coulda heard it. and the other thing is i dont have any real supporting moods so im sure that would affect alot of the sound.

·
Registered
736 Posts
9000rpm on Mar/04/04 said:
flowmaster sucks ass!! It makes your car sound like a weed eater...Flowmaster is only for big displacment engines.
Do you actually have a Flowmaster on an Integra? I do and I can tell you like I tell everyone else, the Flowaster exhuast system is one of the best sounding exhaust systems for an import. I have a Flowmaster 40-Series Delta Flow on my RS and it sounds amazing. No one can believe how deep it sounds and everyone tells me that they can't believe its an import making that sound. Flowmaster is definately a good choice when coming to exhuast.

Note: My system is not the system made for the Integra. I purchased the muffler from Pep Boys ($79.99) and welded it on the pipe. Tipless sounds better becuase an aftermarket tip sounds like dog crap because of the internal resonator.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do you have any other supporting mods to help gain that sound or are you basically like i am besides for the intake?

·
Registered
736 Posts
98LS on Mar/04/04 said:
do you have any other supporting mods to help gain that sound or are you basically like i am besides for the intake?
Just a short ram intake. They sound pretty mean together.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
i also have the kit made for my car and it did sound really nice and deep until i put my test pipe on..now its all raspy and bee in can sound..horrible..thats why im moving up to the apexi n1.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just bought the 60 series Flowmaster full exhaust kit. I haven't had time to put it on yet. The clips on flowmaster's site sound sweet. But, I bought it at www.planetperformance.com for $131.xx. Hope this helps if you haven't bought one yet.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
All of these articles took a lot of time and effort. All you have to do is read them and then you can decide on your own if its a good choice.

• Advanced Exhaust Tech II : Backpressure and Area by [ MichaelDelaney ]
• Correcting Exhaust B-Pipe Cat Flange Bottleneck by [ MichaelDelaney ]
• Exhaust design effects on noise [3 Pages] by [ SurferX ]
• Advanced Header Design Tech Information by [ MichaelDelaney ]
• Exhaust Basics by [ SurferX ]
• Advanced Exhaust Tech I [2 Pages] by [ MichaelDelaney ]
• Aftermarket Cats by [ MichaelDelaney ]
• O2 sensor Simulator: Eliminate the Testpipe CEL [2 Pages] by [ MichaelDelaney ]
• Exhaust purchasing guide by [ SurferX ]
• Header Purchasing Guide [7 Pages] by [ BlueTeg ]
• Header-Exhaust Design Effects on Engine Power [5 Pages] by [ MichaelDelaney ]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.