Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know we have some Florida members that, like myself, enjoy the thrill of Auto-X, HPDE, or other type of autosports. Please post any motorsports event schedules, track information, site links, or any useful track info here.
Some Local Clubs:

I found the Martin Sports Car Club (MSCC) website:
Home
The Martin Sports Car Club is an amateur autocross club.
Their Auto-X forum is located here:
The Autocross Forum -> Martin Sports Car Club (Florida)
Has anyone had any experience with MSCC?

Central Florida Racing Complex (CFRC) is a Central Florida venue that offers various track events. Their Auto-X schedule for this year is the first Saturday of each month.
Their home page: Central Florida Racing Complex - Orlando Drag Racing
Their Auto-X page is: Central Florida Autocross | Central Florida Racing Complex

Also, National Auto Sport Association (NASA) - Florida Region
Website is:
N.A.S.A. Florida | We Drive Harder
NASA uses diffrent venues such as Homestead Miami Speedway Palm Beach International Raceway & Sebring International Speedway.

If you participate or are involved in any Track or Motorsport events in Florida, please post any LOCAL (Florida) Motorsports schedule, information, or updates.
You may also post to invite others to join in for one of these events.
Feel free to share your track pic's here as well.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will definitely be needing to replace my 2 front tires very soon... Can anyone recommend any quality/reasonably priced (for the weekend track warrior) R-compound tires that are also dot or street legal?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured I'd post useful information for track day.
Found this list posted by Trish (Chickwithastick) on another thread; A list of very useful things to take to track day:

Originally Posted by chickwithastick
What I usually bring:

jack
jack stands
air tank
hand tools
torque wrench
ZIP TIES
tape
oil
brake fluid
pop up tent
gloves
driving shoes
shop towels
sunscreen
chair
water
snacks
helmet
magnetic numbers

I keep all of this in a large rubbermaid container that fits in the back of the car. Of course the jack doesn't fit in there, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, So far there's one 97 GSR going to CFRC Autocross on Saturday 9/3/2011. I'm trying to get out also. If anyone else interested, they're welcome to come out there for autoX at CFRC;
Starts at 9 a.m.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i race with mscc frequently, they have a good club
NICE. John, what track/location have you been to with MSSC?

They're forum shows the next Autocross will be on 9/18/2011 at Lake County Tech Center.

ENTRY FEES:
$20 for MSCC members
$30 for Non-members

Pre-register and pre-pay and you get a $2 discount ($18 and $28, respectively).

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Alright, so things are looking like I'll be at CFRC this Saturday morning!! I'm getting some things done to be ready for AutoX this saturday...

So far we've got 2 tegs attending (that I know of):
1. 97 GSR
2. 98 RS

Let's get more TI'ers out there!!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, as expected Auto-X was great!... Until next time.
(will post some pics & vids on my thread)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HPDE wih NASA will be coming up next month at Sebring Int. Speedway on 10/1 & 10/2 2011.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey guys, I'm right down the road from MSCC autox (in Clermont) A couple civic buddies and I are going to hang out there for a bit on Sunday (9/18/11).
Still have a few issues and won't be able to run for a month or so.
Anyone else going?
I have a helmet snell dot helmet if anyone needs to borrow one.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd like to run a MSCC event. But, I can't make this next one.
Maybe I'll catch you at a future event. Have fun.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'd like to run a MSCC event. But, I can't make this next one.
Maybe I'll catch you at a future event. Have fun.
Alright man, are you a member? I'd like to get some people to join with me around the same time - just to have some friendly competition in my car class.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I'm not currently a member of MSCC, but from what I understand, I can just show up & pay for the event...
Unlike NASA that requires a $45 membership fee + the cost of event.

Well I'll let you know. It'll be nice to get a few Integras to represent at MSCC!!
Did you go out there & watch on Sunday? I just checked out the pic's from this past weekend's AutoX event, & not a single Integra. :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm not currently a member of MSCC, but from what I understand, I can just sing up & pay for the event...
Unlike NASA that requires a $45 membership fee + the cost of event.

Well I'll let you know. It'll be nice to get a few Integras to represent at MSCC!!
Did you go out there & watch on Sunday? I just checked out the pic's from this past weekend's AutoX event, & not a single Integra. :(
Gotcha, yeah I went for a couple hours. I got out there late - about 930 and they were still walking the course - I guess they had an accident. Then started around 10 and a few runs in they were having problems with the timing system. They started asking people for splicing equipment, so I left.

Hopefully they'll have everything together next time and there'll be some integras

1 - 20 of 59 Posts