Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have my floormatts out while im doing my sounddampening install and i thought about putting them in the washing machine... is this ok to do or will they melt or get messed up. these are stock floormats

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
i put mine in the washer about every other month, but like mentioned above AIR dry

·
Registered
720 Posts
i always wash mine at the carwash. using the high pressure soap, and then rinse with water. it works great. and yes only air dry, but i do use a wet/dry vac to get most of the water out.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Feb/08/06 said:
Do it on a gentle cycle.
Yep, and add a scoop of Oxi-Clean in there. It will make a difference. Use the Warm/Warm cycle and make sure your washer is deep enough to fully submerge the mat.

Hang dry and vacuum before putting back in (for lint and such).

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
fordcourier72 on Feb/08/06 said:
i always wash mine at the carwash. using the high pressure soap, and then rinse with water. it works great. and yes only air dry, but i do use a wet/dry vac to get most of the water out.
sounds like the best idea here. if it is really bad take some oxi-clean and a brush with the high preassure.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
nope, i've put all sorts of stuff in the washer(never my floormats though, but i'm gonna try) and nothing has harmed it. like everyone else has said, just put it on the delicate cycle.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i kinda forgot about this thread but i did get them in the washer... it works out great but did leave behind a huge mess ... tho i dont care because it was at the laundry mat at school.... i actually put them in the kitchen sink and used the hose to get all the soap and **** out that didnt get out and then lift them in the sink standing up... they dried for the most part them i layed them down on the floor for the next day and they were good to go. oh and ever since doing this i havent had the mat ride up the floor under my pedals... that was so annoyng. anyways just my update

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
I did this in a spare washer we had. Just make sure you dont use the spin cycle, that rubber backing can catch on the plastic, I thought I was going to have a fire on my hands :) I would take them to a coin laundry.

For washing your shoes, make sure your warm water is not really that warm, I washed a couple of pairs of shoes on hot water once, and it caused the soles to 'warp' and 'curl' up. Otherwise, it gets them squeaky clean!

·
Registered
13 Posts
At the shop i detail at we wash cars mats everyday. Easiest way is to get a hold of a pressure washer and some all purpose cleaner..Spray the mat with some cleaner and slowly pressure wash the heck out of them.. when its done and your satisfied use a vacuum to suck of the water and then just let them air dry the rest of the way..It works pretty well..but if youve got really deep/stuck on stains, spray the mat with ammonia (loosens up dirt, etc) and scrub a with a brush...then pressure wash and vacuum.

·
Registered
602 Posts
oxy-clean & water mix, scrub with sponge or soft brush or oxy-clean and steam cleaner

if you spray at a car wash it works too, hang them on the wall and spray away, use a ice-scaper to squeegee water out...there is one problem with this method though, the soap at car washes is usually acidic, which when used too often or too many times on carpet you can fade color, i only use car wash when i have mud, make sure you get all the soap off....works really good for stains

all depends on how much time you have on your hands...

·
Registered
176 Posts
yeah man, don't put that **** in ur washer... the ****? you wash ur clothes in that thing...

u know how much crap is on ur floor mats? just spray it down, dash some detergent on it, scrub it and spray it off. let dry ur done.

u can put it in the washer but i dont think its a good idea. plus floor mats are kinda heavy, prolly **** up the washer in the long run.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.