Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what's up guys, I was just wondering, is there any way to fix rims that get damaged due to curbing or other things? I curbed one of my rims moderately and then another time I glanced a curb on the driver side and minorly curbed 2 of my rims... I'm considering getting my rims "chrome dipped" will this fix my rims? Anyone know how much this costs? Thanks a lot in advance!

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Here are some threads that should help

Thread 1

Thread 2

They can be repaired depending on how much damage was done. Look into rim repair shops around your area. Worse case, you would have to remove the rim and ship it off someplace to have it repaired.

Probably would end up taking about a week.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I had my MOMO Arrows sitting in my garage for the last year and a half. I thought that it would cost me quite a bit to get them fixed, so they sat there while I drove around with the stock wheels...

Turns out that it wasn't at all expensive to get them back on the ride. Depending on how banged up your wheels are, you could get things taken care of without much expense. Most tire places have shops that they work with when it comes to getting wheels fixed. Average price for repairing wheels should be about $100 a wheel. This normally will involve aesthetic repair,rebaking the wheel and taking out the bends and dings. I'm not too sure about the chrome dipping solution? It may or may not prevent the problem from happening again. There are businesses advertised online that say they provide wheel straightening and repair. I suggest that you talk to a local tire shop. Most of these wheel repair shops that they may deal with, can get the wheels fixed within 1 to 2 days.

My MOMOS were repaired by the tire shop. The wheel shop said the weren't dinged up bad enough that a rubber hammer couldn't bang out the bends. The tire place banged the bends out. I spent $400.00 on new Nitto NT450 tires to put on the wheels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts