Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I'm beginning my spare tire sub enclosure soon, but it's a good thing I noticed the huge puddle of water in my trunk before I built the box heh.

I have a feeling that the water is coming in through the (left) sunroof drain tube. The reason I say this was because when I was taking my carpet and cardboard out, the left side of it was wet.

I read the Article, and tried following this picture:

The article says I don't need to remove the side body panel... But I think I do. I took out the middle one so that I could get to my tail lights, but I'm not seeing the drain tube like in the picture. Do I need to take off the side panels too? How do I do this (I couldn't find an article/thread about these side panels)?

Thanks T-I, I'll let you know how everything goes.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
i didn't know either just remove all the screws and plastic clips and stuff.. and make sure you remove all of them then pull on the panel to pull it out because its stuck on clips too.. you don't have to completely remove the panel just like pull it halfway out and you'll have enough room to work on it..

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which article tells you how to take off the side panels in the TRUNK?

I'm trying to get this panel on the right of this picture off:

The article doesn't tell you how to get that one off. I read all the Interior_Remove articles (Among many others)

So I must really suck at looking because I can't find the article.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldn't know from personal experience (Since I can't get to the f**kin thing...), but I'm going to assume the thing in the picture is the drain tube :)

It's kind of hard to see but I'm sure it'd be easy to recognize in person.

·
Registered
42 Posts
XEvolutionz on Apr/15/04 said:
I have a question, in this article, which thing is the drain tube in the picture?
(EDIT)
Image was removed because it was hosted on my site, which is currently having bandwidth problems. If anyone needs the picture, PM me.

·
Registered
130 Posts
on both sides there are 2 10mm bolts under where the rear cover sits, on teh driver side one of them is behind the cover for the strut. then you should be able to pull the panels back enough to get to the drain tubes, if not then the next step is removing the rear seat. Start with the bottom, the 2 front corners will pull up with pressure and at the back of the seat in between the top and bottom there is a 10mm bolt close to the middle on the driver side. then you can remove the top halves, there is a C clip on teh outter of both halves then you can slide them toward the middle to release the outers form their holes. Now you have to look around the panels where the rear seat was covering, there may be a screw or two. After removing those the entire side panel comes out in one piece, sometimes the clips can be tight so you might have to pull kind of hard.

·
Registered
130 Posts
couz on Oct/28/08 said:
Could these drain tubes leak in front passenger also?
I would imaging yes, I would try to locate the front tubes then have a friend spray the car down while you are inside inspecting the hose,

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know this may be a stupid question but to these drain tubes only work when it rains...meaning are they gonna only leak when it rains.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts