Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend is going to loan me some money to get this rust spot fixed and get my side moldings painted silver. I found a guy who does good work, and he said he would charge me $350 total to fix the rust and paint the sides. $300 for rust $50 for sides and said he would have to cut the rust spot out and weld in a new piece. Is $350 a good price or am i getting ripped...im not that great when it comes to paint estimates.
heres a pic of the rust its about 2" long and 1/2" high

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
personally I would pay that to get it fixed. I am about to start looking for a shop to do that to mine. but I have both sides to get fixed.

I had a friend(might have been meltman here on TI) tell me he got a qoute for 350-400 for both sides, but I can't remember.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm not sure if that's a decent price but I have 2 rust spots both on each side of the car. The rust spot is located the same area but over where the screw is holding the bumper to the frame - the shop wanted $400 to cut out the rust and weld in a new piece of metal and repaint but won't gurantee that it will be rust free...I thought it was a ripp off but than again I could be wrong...

I'm still gonna get other quotes but I'm thinking of getting a new car....but we'll see...

Hotboi

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
danteisme on Jan/31/06 said:
remove that rubber chip gaurd when you get it fixed. i found out the hard way that those trap stuff in there and cuase a lot of the rust problems.

im currently battling with mine

This is true. Water likes to stagnate under those rubber gaskets and can eventually rust.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I would have it done professionally.Its a lot like mine was...

and it was 450 Cad to have it fixed, where i used to work.

In 6 months you really wont remember the 300 dollars, but youll love having a mint teg. DIY body repair is hard to do right.

Sorry about snow and the flash

·
Registered
435 Posts
I just grinded mine down, and bondo'd sanded it real good and got some touch up paint from paintscratch.com and it looks perfect

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
For $350 you wouldn't be getting ripped off, the cost to paint the quarter panel alone should be a little over 200 without any R&I/other charges. Plus the cost of cutting the metal out and rewelding id say its a good price.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
integrapunk67 on Jan/31/06 said:
For $350 you wouldn't be getting ripped off, the cost to paint the quarter panel alone should be a little over 200 without any R&I/other charges. Plus the cost of cutting the metal out and rewelding id say its a good price.
exactly. i paid $200 for each side to be fixed. your getting a good price.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
jdmspekoholic on Jan/31/06 said:
Quote: integrapunk67 on Jan/31/06For $350 you wouldn't be getting ripped off, the cost to paint the quarter panel alone should be a little over 200 without any R&I/other charges. Plus the cost of cutting the metal out and rewelding id say its a good price.

Want an award to go with that? I wouldn't even write an estimate as low as 350 to repair that because theres a lot of work involved... Ever heard of a "hack shop", cause you've probably been to one

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
jdmspekoholic on Jan/31/06 said:
Quote: integrapunk67 on Jan/31/06For $350 you wouldn't be getting ripped off, the cost to paint the quarter panel alone should be a little over 200 without any R&I/other charges. Plus the cost of cutting the metal out and rewelding id say its a good price.

uh oh, better get Maaco..

~P2P

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
integrapunk67 on Jan/31/06 said:
Quote: jdmspekoholic on Jan/31/06Quote: integrapunk67 on Jan/31/06For $350 you wouldn't be getting ripped off, the cost to paint the quarter panel alone should be a little over 200 without any R&I/other charges. Plus the cost of cutting the metal out and rewelding id say its a good price.

Want an award to go with that? I wouldn't even write an estimate as low as 350 to repair that because theres a lot of work involved... Ever heard of a "hack shop", cause you've probably been to one

i know what your saying but your wrong man.

if i had a camera i would show you, how good of a job they did. it was over two years ago that they did it. and i've been driving to work with this new jersey salty roads and no problems whatsoever

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Wow, i must be wrong because lemme see...

Book time to paint an integra Quarter Panel: 2.2 hours. +0.9 For Clear (ref)

Tint Color: 0.5 hours (ref)

Cover Car: $5.00 + .3 hours (ref)

Haz was $5.00

Now at an accepted rate of $44.00 labor on refinishing (hell its lower than what a lot of insurance companies pay but safeco likes it)

This would equate to: 3.4 hours refinsh time @ $44.00/hr = $149.60

+$10 for parts

+3.4 hours materials @ $22.00/hr = $74.80

For a subtotal of $234.40
+ tax which happens to be 8.5% here: $18.75

For a total of $ 253.15

Note thats only the cost of refinishing the Quarter Panel itself and is what you would expect to pay on the low end if insurance would be paying...(they get it cheaper) It doesn't include any R&I costs such as the side moulding, antenna, tail/bumper etc etc.... Add in some time to fix the rust... hmm... do you want me to keep going?

Im wrong according to who? Someone with lots of knowledge in this area of expertise i hope? Pics cant show quality of a repair, so dont worry about not having a camera.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.