Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a high idle issue on my 94' GSR motor since putting it back in it's new shell and I believe I've sourced the problem to the FITV valve. The coolant line is completely clogged solid and the plunger seems to be stuck open. I was just going to buy a new one, but I'm having trouble actually sourcing the part. Everything I've found has either claimed to be for a later model engine or for an LS/RS/Different spec Integra. Does anyone know if there's actually a difference? If there is, where can I buy the proper model?

P.S. If anyone has a link for a cheap GSR A-pipe that's all I need left to get the exhaust setup.

Thanks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
An easy fix is to just upgrade to an obd2 throttle body. That deletes the FITV. Instead of a valve, there is just a coolant bypass hose. The IACV can compensate for not having a FITV. Unless you are at the north pole or Alaska, you should be fine going with the obd2 TB. The coolant flows through the throttle body to reduce icing. If that's even an issue where you live.

And the FITV has to be from a 94-95 if you plan on replacing it. And yes it has to be GSR. Ls Gs Rs wont fit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts