Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering, i was driving home, and when i rev my car all the way up to 7k, and shifted into second, the gear for some reason wouldn't go in, i pushed the clutch in all the way, and after that, when i put it into first and shift to second, the gears kinda feel 'bumpy' and a little stiff, does anyone know exactly what's wrong?

·
Registered
523 Posts
hmmm...the newer model integras have a very smooth shift compared to the older ones. I have a 95 GSR and its a very tight shift. I have driven a 2001 type r and the shift was nice and easy. I dont know maybe you screwed up your gears er something.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
i despise the teg's second gear...

i usually treat my engine nicely, keeping it at 4k or under. decide to wind it up a little the other night. take the scenic route to work. turn off the radio, roll down the windows get ready to get the nice sound from the engine/exhaust etc...

feels great, sounds perfect, all the way through first, then to second... GRIIIIIND!!!!

god that pisses me off... i know how to shift, a good gearbox shouldn't be like that, and its not just my car. it also ruined my first run down the track, and it heightens my times because i can't shift into second as fast as i'd like.

·
Registered
458 Posts
anyone think rebuilding tranny would help? new syncros? anything? I have the same problem. Its so embarasing when you are racing and then when you hit second, you grind the hell out of it. Usually it's ok because despite the fact that i have to wait for a second or 2 to get it into second after that I still spank whoever i am racing and embarase them. :)

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Whens the last time you changed the tranny fluid? It could be as simple as that. I'm not a big fan of aftermarket fluids (gm syncomesh, redline ect) but I've never had a grind problem and have never considered them an option as a band aid for the grind.

I say band aid because more than likely it's a damaged syncro. Both of you mentiond racing so I'd imagine you're pretty hard on the tranny. Second gear is a easy one to slam home (when it's working) and I'm sure you love chirping the tires when you shift. So it's quite possible the syncro's damaged and need to be replaced.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
BTW, here's the search results for "Grind"

And here's a Common Topic that might shed some light on your situation
weird tranny noise

·
Registered
168 Posts
could be that the clutch is worn out, mine starting doing that too and i never thought it was the clutch so i decided to take the tranny off and take it to a shop and found out my clutch was gone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts