Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my completely stock LS to the track last night. The first run i didn't launch, and ran a 16.925
My second run i launched @ 3000 rpm and spun through first and a little of second and I ran a 16.137
I ran w/ my 17's that weigh around 25lbs each....weight my car weighed in around 2700....(i weigh 135 lbs).......for the first time i think i did awsome...next time steelies are going on and i'm ganna launch lower and try to break 15's hopeing for a 15.9-15.8
What do u guys think?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Sounds like you made some good runs, and thats a good plan.

What was your 60' times?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 60 ft times where 2.668 and 2.347
The second run was against a 13.6 sec cobra and the first one was w/ a 5.0 and i had them both in the 60 ft times

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
2.347 is pretty good. Try and get down to 2.2 and you should be able to get 15's easily!

Maybe deflate your tires alittle more, 18 - 20psi is a good starting point.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm assuming your car's a manual, right? That's pretty good for an LS!
Anyway, did you run at E-Town or Atco?

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Wow, I'm impressed and jealous! You sure you are completely stock?

I would blame it on the fact that I weigh 100 lbs more, but the intake etc on my car should have made up for that!

In essence, I mean to say great job man!

BTW, did you strip anything in the interior? And make sure to post in the timeslips section!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Dave- I figured you'd say E-Town. Atco's a little shady in my opinion - (It's the only track I've ever seen w/ telephone poles running down it - plus it's bumpy!).

Hey Shadow- I live 5 min. from you in CG!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No......i took nothing out, everything was in there. Its in the timeslip section...

·
Registered
190 Posts
shadowdawn and snvin - I live in Wayne. How long did it take you guys to get to Englishtown racetrack? And how much does it cost to run there? I've never been to a track before, looking to go for the first time. Any info you can give me about where/when/how much/what to do would be a huge help. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
OCBcards on Sep/21/02 said:
shadowdawn and snvin - I live in Wayne. How long did it take you guys to get to Englishtown racetrack? And how much does it cost to run there? I've never been to a track before, looking to go for the first time. Any info you can give me about where/when/how much/what to do would be a huge help. Thanks!!!
Don't quote me on this, but I think it's $20 to race on a normal night when there are NO huge events going on.
E-Town's Website
From Cedar Grove, it takes me about 45 min. to get there, so it'll probably take you about an hour.
If you want to watch the pro's run, the next big import race at E-Town I know of is the NHRA Fall Sport Compact Nationals on October 5-6. It would definitely cost more to actually RACE those days though, so it might be a good idea to just go watch and see how things are done. Thing is, it will probably be $20 just to WATCH that event, but NHRA Sport Compact draws a pretty good crowd, so weather permiting, there will be a ton of show cars in addition to the drag racing that normally goes on.
Shadow or Dave would probably be able to tell you more about the actual racing costs...
Hope this helps though.

·
Registered
377 Posts
He pretty much said it all, it'll take you about and 45 mins to get there as its like 40 miles before seaside and that usually takes an hour and a half for me.

Wed and fridays are test and tune days and it cost $20 to race, dunno about saturdays and special events have different pricing....

Since we all live local we should all meet up and hang out :) I love getting people addicted or fiending boost by taking them for rides lol ask dave!

·
Registered
354 Posts
StyleTEG on Sep/20/02 said:
Maybe deflate your tires alittle more, 18 - 20psi is a good starting point.
I've had an experienced racer tell me that dropping pressure in street tires is bad because it actually decrease the amount of surface area on the pavement.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I just want to know which theory is correct.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Chuck Dean on Sep/21/02 said:
Quote: StyleTEG on Sep/20/02Maybe deflate your tires alittle more, 18 - 20psi is a good starting point. I've had an experienced racer tell me that dropping pressure in street tires is bad because it actually decrease the amount of surface area on the pavement.

Seems they have it backwards... just sit and think about that for a minute.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Chuck Dean on Sep/20/02 said:
I've had an experienced racer tell me that dropping pressure in street tires is bad because it actually decrease the amount of surface area on the pavement.

Well too much is bad, deflating your tires the right amount will increase the contact patch. If you deflate your tires too much, it gets to a point where it sits on the sidewalls but the center doesn't make good contact.

Time for some bad pictures,

1 - 20 of 25 Posts