Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went drag racing for the first time with my type r, what a blast. I ran a 13.7 @ 103 with alot of wheel spin out of the hole. I was running 55 shot of nitrous. I need some practice launching!!! I plan on going back soon, I have done quite a few mods in the past few weeks and plan on being in the high twelves next time,maby? I will post my new times after i go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i only got a few runs in, i was running 205/50/15 bfgoodrich g-force drag radials on stock wheels. In my haste to go down the track i never took any pressure out of the tires, I was running on about 32 psi. I was launching from 3500 rpm, on my last run i realized i forgot about the tire pressure, dropped it to 20 psi and launched from 2500 rpm because i was spinning so bad, but i bogged real bad on that run and ran a 13.9 at 102 oh well just got to keep practicing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when i went to the track i had the 55 shot of nitrous,aem cai,car sound cat,dc exhaust and comptech headder

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
since i have installed msd digital 6 ignition,coil,cap,wires,window switch,zex plugs,aem fuel rail,filter,pressure regulator,holley fuel pump and went to 75 shot of nitrous. see how it goes this time?

·
Registered
246 Posts
launch harder and don't activate the system till you are in 2nd.....I am launchin at 7500 on regular tires and not spinning at all....with DR's you should be able to launch the hell out of that car

PS- good luck with the axles

·
Registered
190 Posts
ITR41: is it me or does 7500 RPMs seem like a little high to launch at? I don't there non-slick tires exist that wouldn't spin at all with that many RPMs. Besides, to get the most of your B18C5's powerband, you wouldn't want to hook up at 6000 RPMs (approx. where you'd start from if you launch at 7500 RPMs). You'd lose a lot of power...

·
Registered
246 Posts
I don't push the pedal to the floor on the launch cause that would make it spin.....I pull 2.110 60ft's launching like that so I see no problem with it... I mean ITR's with DR's are doing 1.9-2.1 so a 2.1 on my tires is great to me...

·
Registered
246 Posts
well. I am not putting that much strain on the axles cause I am riding the clutch so all the power is not going to the wheels....I will take words of wisdom if you find anyone else on this board that does 2.110 60ft on street tires

·
Registered
598 Posts
Louse76 on Oct/09/02 said:
basically what he's saying is that he's burning the hell out of his clutch...
wow that not going to be expensive!

lol anyways i am going to the strip this upcoming wensday so wish me luck any tips?

·
Registered
246 Posts
well I have a ACT extreme presure plate and carbon disc so my clutch will take a lot of abuse. and I have tried launching my car everyway you could think of and high rpm is the way to go.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts