Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the track today for my first time in fontana Ca..California Speedway...Man was it hot!?..90+ degrees heat. My car is a 2001 gsr w/ aem cai. Well I managed a 15.744, was hoping to run a little better but w/out the 90 degree heat and 1200ft.elevation, I'm pretty sure I can do better at a different track soon..I wasn't too worried about R/T's since it was my first time, I just focused on the 60ft. and launches...well here's my time..

R/T .960
60' 2.374
330 6.679
1/8 10.191
MPH 70.29
1000 13.216
1/4 15.744
MPH 89.49

·
Registered
711 Posts
15.744?? pretty high... but.. its cool.. first time.. is that on stock tires, suspension? full int? spare?

what did you launch at>?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was on kuhmo 712's, just sparco springs, and full interior w/out spare..I know..it does seem pretty high but it was my first run and it was really hot there today and maybe the elevation played a role?..My friend was running 15.3 in his i/h/e 5th gen lude also...We're going to go to carlsbad soon so hopefully we'll do alot better there..

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just took it up to about 4000 rpm, and dropped the clutch without flooring the gas..Just kept the gas steady until my tires grabbed then I floored it..w/ tire pressure at 27psi.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Carlsbad? Wooosh, youll have a hell of a time there. Talk about ghetto, DAMN THAT PLACE IS SOOO GHETTO. In order to get to the track you have to drive through rally style dirt roads. Lots of bumps and its only about 1 lane wide. Make sure you bring a helmet! Its required there.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ey!..rubberHOE!..It's me Chris P...w/ the black gsr..anyways, you've seen my car before right? Is the carlsbad track that bad??.."Rally style dirt roads?!"..i heard of some stories about carlsbad but didn't know it was that bad..You think I'll eat up my front lip there cuz my car is pretty damn low..? Oh, and what did you run there w/ your gsr??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow, that's pretty high, although like you said it was REALLY HOT and that makes a huge difference!

I ran a 14.7 with i/h/e and tuned cam gears with VAFC on BALD tires @ 97mph

But then again, i took out my passenger and back seats and of course the spare.

Mine is a '94 GS-R.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
just keep working on your launch and see what works best for you. i just ran a 15.1 @ 91 with my 95 GSR with i/h/e

·
Registered
83 Posts
i ran a 16.4 at palmdale last week. It was my 1st time on the track. my R/T was like a 1 whole sec. so that sucked. but i also had everything in my car including a passenger. My 95 GSR on has exhast and its revoulution. my car is lowered in the front on nuespeed springs and the back sit on stock springs. My tire are jus stock kumo's i smoked dem in the box but i didnt help out to much.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, those times coming from palmdale is not surprising..16.4 = to about 15.8/9...but it must of been hot right?..i went there two weeks ago and it was damn hot up there too..Don't worry about your R/T's rightnow...Just practice your launches and 60ft times..and theres really no need to smoke those kuhmo's in the box..just avoid the water traps..I've only ran my car once also...first times are sh*ty so just keep going to the track and practice..so will I...good luck

·
Registered
107 Posts
Whats up Chris & Mike! Tell me a date when you guys are going down to Carlsbad... I might roll. Chris, I dont think anything will happen to your lip, its just kinda bumpy, but as long as your not going fast or anything youll be ok. Last time I went, THERE WERE A GRIP of cars there, LoNNNG line just to drag. Its really WHITE TRASH there

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
R/T .960
60' 2.374
330 6.679
1/8 10.191
MPH 70.29
1000 13.216
1/4 15.744
MPH 89.49
damn.. only one run for the day.. were there lots of cars running that day? 90degrees?! must have sucked considering u have black car.. i'll bet u got a mean tan that day..

hm.. applekat hits 15.9's in palmdale.. i know u can do better than a 15.7.. 4000rpm?! launch higher!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts