Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, got my first ticket today at 17 yrs old. Turned left onto a street that is labled 30 mph at the very start of the raod in the intersection, but I thought it was 45 (because literally 100 ft down the road its posted 45) so I was doing 46 (thats what he told me at least, my tach said 43). He got me for doing 16 over. Here is the part you must all learn from.... always have BOTH your license and insurence with you.... I had recently been hit the day before so my insurence card was inside with my Allstate notes and three days ago I left my license up at a camp in the mtns and it hasn't been seen since. He wrote me up for the insurence ct date but not the license since I have a shceduled appntmt with the dmv tomorrow. Anyways, just kinda mad since for the next two months I am driving on -1 pts.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, I dont have a muffler on my stock GSR.... Glad he didn't think it was loud.... it actually sounds 10X better than half the 3" rice out there. Ill be puting it on tomorrow though... till my pts are out of the red

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
glad you learned ur lesson. always follow the posted speed limit.
You also probably were accelerating too quickly to get to 46 or whatever in 100 feet. You are lucky he did nail you with exhibition of acceleration.

Keep it safe guys.

·
Registered
485 Posts
i got pulled over for speeding the first time about 2 weeks ago.

Doing 75 in a 55. I had never really sped on that road before, and idk why I was. I was telling myself "i gota slow down" rite before i got pulled over.

I got lucky tho, my mom works for the county police so i got a written warning and on it he wrote down 74 in a 55, i guess so it wasn't 20 over and wreck less driving. I learned my lesson for the most part.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I got my first ticket being stupid...doing 74/45. Also Lesson learned. My second ticket came at the Dragon this year...

·
Registered
455 Posts
I've been driving for almost 7 years. I've been pulled over 4 times (one of which wasn't for speeding) and have gotten 6 citations
I can say that I deserved three of the citations, the other three were bullshit but in the end that doesn't really matter. I've learned my lessons and try to take it easy. I am not a crazy driver anymore but if you live in ATL and travel alot, you know that alot of times going the speed limit can get you killed.

·
Registered
760 Posts
i got my first 2 tickets at the dragon this year, im so glad because i am not paying the full amount for 1 that way they cant get my money towards their "revenue service" and the other i just gotta pay but after i send it in the state police commisioner will be recieving an anoynomous letter. he will here it from me about the dragon. beating the system FTW!!

but always drive safe ti, never exceed the speed limit on the dragon, only after dark

O and thanks to greg and trish for information regarding my tickets. i actually put it to good use!

·
Registered
402 Posts
My first ticket was in front of my house for "improper muffler" 1 week after i got my new exhaust. I ended up going to court and got the ticket reduced from $110 to 60(first ticket). Then i got another muffler ticket and "improper headlights" because i had "hyper white" bulbs which they said gives off a blue light. That again was $110 ticket (second and third). This time i got my muffler changed. So i went to the prosecutor and showed him that i changed my muffler (with the reciept) and got those 2 tickets dropped. Then finally (fourth)i got nabbed for going 17 over because the person in front of me was going 40 in a 60 zone, so i passed him (literally booted it... i cant stand people going below the limit) and got nabbed under the bridge. For the last ticket, yes, i learned my lesson.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's the dumb part of it though. I saw him, he saw me, I looked at my speed and it was 43 (he clocked 46 but I think my vss has been malfunctioning, new one on the way) so I kept going the steady 43 cuz I SWORE that i was still doing 2 under..... but then he tells me that I should have seen him, and I should have slowed down. I just said that I drove here this morning and saw the 45mph sign so I thought thats what the speed limit was. Thats when he said that it was posted back at the intersection.... measured 5 feet from the corner of the intersection and I'll kindly tell the judge that I was more concerned about oncoming traffic than the speed limit. Anyways, Im pretty sick from all this and -1 pts is going to be hell to drive with.... ill be taking it VERY SLOW!

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
I got my frist ticket w/ Adrietheprincess on ti!! she visited, and yea coming home late and i was going 44 in a 30.. than while looking at the ticket that was on my lap, I ran a flashing red.. got pulled over 2times in 5mins..lol But he cut me some slack and wrote me a warning, I was SO PISSED!!

but your lucky, you got the first one out of your way real young! now don't get another one! I'm guessing ticket will be only like $65 and a point off your licenses if you just pay the ticket.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.