Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

This is my first post on these kind of forums ever and I wanted to introduce myself. I'm a college student in Cali and I just got a '96 Integra se, being the second owner of the car. The previous owner took really good care of thier car and kept it completely unmodified, and I plan on keeping it that way for a long time. This is my first non-handmedown car and I must say that I love this car. I'm excited to be apart of this community!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! Any plans for it?
I want to get the car repainted in its original color and maybe wrap it down the line. Reason being I read that wrapping a car with faded paint isn't the best idea, so restoring the paint is the priority at the moment, the wrapping could wait.

Other than that I just want to daily drive this car.

·
Administrator
4,376 Posts
I want to get the car repainted in its original color and maybe wrap it down the line. Reason being I read that wrapping a car with faded paint isn't the best idea, so restoring the paint is the priority at the moment, the wrapping could wait.

Other than that I just want to daily drive this car.
I would actually think the opposite. I can't think of why it's a bad idea to wrap bad paint/clearcoat. It's already bad. For me, I wouldn't want adhesive sitting on new paint for a very long time, but that's just me.

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
I would actually think the opposite. I can't think of why it's a bad idea to wrap bad paint/clearcoat. It's already bad. For me, I wouldn't want adhesive sitting on new paint for a very long time, but that's just me.
Same, that aligns with my thinking as well. But, I also can't say that I know a ton about wraps either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same, that aligns with my thinking as well. But, I also can't say that I know a ton about wraps either.
I need to contact wrapping places because I'm not too informed either, but from what I've read from articles about car wrapping. It's bad to wrap faded paint because it's an uneven surface for the wrap to attach to and could do more damage to the faded paint more when it comes off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts