Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 98' Integra, looking for information about how to make my swap easier (just putting non-broken b18b1 in it) and get a gauge of what I'll need to replace when I do my swap. All information is useful, first swap ever here. Thanks!!

·
Registered
689 Posts
If you don't have a cherry picker you will need to remove it in two pieces. First the cylinder head comes off, then raise the car, disconnect short block from the transmission and finally remove the short block from the bottom. However, you will need a cherry picker to be able to install a replacement engine in one piece. Remember to use a torque wrench whenever possible when installing new engine. Look-up the bolt torque online or get a service manual. It may be a good time to replace clutch, pressure plate, throw-outbearing, pilot bearing and rear main seal. Pay attention to the hoses on the replacement engine, change if appear old. It would be important to verify the condition of the timing belt, although you would need to remove the valve cover to do that. If you do remove the valve cover, consider adjusting the valves while at it. Obviously you would need to change oil, filter, coolant. Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to also replace spark plugs, thermostat, intake and exhaust manifold gaskets. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Pretty much everything he said. I've done a few in vw's and one in a Kia and one in a rx-7. Just hammer out all the maintenance stuff up front, it'll be easier to track in the long run. I would get an engine hoist if you can (buy one and resell it if you don't have somewhere to put it) it cuts down on a few hours of monkeying around raising and lowering the car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys! Good to know that it seems like I wont have to buy too many parts. I'm borrowing a cherry picker from my friend for the time, didn't really consider how to get it out without one. Nice to know that there's a way to do it if he needs it back

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
iRetep
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing