1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*(Finally done go to page 2 for finished pictures)*

Im starting a new thread to continue this one:
click me

Well today I got both my bumpers in and and now just looking for a rear quarter pannel and the other missilaneous parts. I will probably post pics of the bumper later

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I haven't kept this up to date that much but last week I got all the new brakes on the integra and it went to the shop. I got the car's interior and what I had to take off of the exterior striped within about 3 days and after that it took probably about a day to get the whole rear suspension off. When taking off the rear suspension several bolts broke and the bolt that holds the strut on was very hard to get off. We ending up destoying the bushings so I bought itr lca's and springs/struts tonight. After we took the suspension apart the car got cut in half on thursday and with the new clip on it has been getting welded on for now the past three days. There is a little bit more welding to be done before we start putting everything back together but I figure it will be done in the next couple of weeks. Here are some pictures.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
wow. if that was my car i would have just made her a tube chassis because in all honesty, i dont think that the car will be as strong as from the factory. nonetheless though man great work. it will feel soooo good to drive her!!!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
what exactly are you going to do?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The car is actually in halves from the factory and is spot welded together on a seem that goes around the car. All you have to do is drill out the spot welds and take the 2 flat pieces of metal apart from each other. When we put it back together we put on continuous weld across that seem of metal so it is actually stronger than a stock chassis. Any more comments are appreciated.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Seems like you shut them up.

I'm really interested in your on-going project and can't wait to see the end result. Keep working hard at it!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Rcurry14 on Aug/08/05 said:
The car is actually in halves from the factory and is spot welded together on a seem that goes around the car. All you have to do is drill out the spot welds and take the 2 flat pieces of metal apart from each other. When we put it back together we put on continuous weld across that seem of metal so it is actually stronger than a stock chassis. Any more comments are appreciated.
Wow.
Someone that actually knows what they're talking about. Yay! Any weld made after the factory will more often than not, make the hold stronger. As long as you know what you're doing. I don't think people realize how little effort goes into holding cars together...which is why I'm all for hacking things up and welding them back together. Makes me feel safe.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
For the record it isnt a solid piece of metal from the factory like he said there are places where the car is welded togeather from the factory. In theory if your welder is good he can stack the welds and make it stronger than factory. Good luck with the rebuild i like to see people bring em back from the dead instead of scrappin them in some junk yard.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
(saltine cracker) i've got expierence welding and ive seen metal rip before the welds break. so yes what he is doing is stronger then just the spot welds

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I haven't put up many details lately but all of the body work is done and I got a type r suspension. I changed out the rear lcas and got springs/struts on all 4 corners. I only changed out the rear springs/struts because one of the front struts was bent when it came in so I hope password jdm will replace it or give me some money back. It needs to be wetsanded and then we will paint it. I hope it will be done in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
803 Posts
so why did u have to put 2 cars together in the first place?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
hella sweet man (= kudos and keep the good work up!

~P2P

·
Registered
803 Posts
dc2tegmyway on Sep/05/05 said:
because the rear fenders are a pain to get straight again
ah, didnt see they were dented

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know that I havn't kept this updated very well but I am going to go ahead and put up the pictures that I have taken in the past couple of weeks. These go from near the beginning where the car was in 2 pieces to where it was last at the allignment shop.
Here is the album I am not sure if this will work. There is a lot of pictures here.

Album

1 - 20 of 39 Posts