Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello team,

This is a great website. I have been visiting frequently since the purchase of my integra in Feb of this year.

Anyways, I recently purchased a keyless entry system from JC Whitney after doing a great deal of reading on this website. Based on other people's experience, I thought that it would be pretty easy. All I have to do is find four wires: Power Lock, Unlock, Constant 12V, and Ignition(for automatic lock/unlock). Since I don't care about other features such as trunk opening, power window control, dome light, etc., I thought that it would be pretty easy to find these wires in the driver's kick panel and ignition harness.

Well, I was wrong. I spent almost three hours trying to find the d*mn wires over the weekend but couldn't locate them. Can someone please guide me in finding these wires? What's the trick here? I thought I had read enough to do it on my own, but my car's wires didn't quite look like what I saw on MorningZ's webpage. I removed the driver's kick panel and the other plastic panel right below the ignition/sterring column to find wires, and I couldn't confirm which wires are what.

Obviously, I do not know much about the car, but I am willing to learn. I refuse to take the car to the alarm shop to it installed. Does anyone have a picture that you took when you installed?

BTW,I have 2000 GS.

Any help/advice will be appreciated.

Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave, I already looked into that. My problem is not being able to locate wires. I am not color-blind or anything, but I somehow managed to look for hours and not find it. I know what to look for, just can't find them.

Maybe taking a picture of my kickpanel wire set up will help.

Kick panel refers to the plastic that's covering up some wires and located to the left of foot rest (I have automatic tranny), right?

Chris

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts
what wires in particular?

both my pages and that above article link to say exactly where and what colors all the wires you need are...

if you don't see them, then you are not looking in the right place... on your 2000 GS, i guarentee you that they are there

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I totally believe you, MorningZ. Just to confirm, where is the kick panel? Isn't it close to the carpet, left of the foot rest? Should I be seeing the wires if I remove that? I didn't except for a bundle of wires coming from the back side of the car under the carpet, so I also removed the fuse panel cover and also the large plastic cover (where the fuse panel fits in) surrounding the bottom half of steering column.

I think I may be just confused about what the kick panel is. Where is kick panel?

Thank you for the help

Chris

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts
kick panel is the plastic piece that wraps around the hood release.....

if you are having troubles finding the doorlock wires (which you failed to follow up my question of: "what wires in particular?") then they are in a grey plug... but here's a tip to find said plug:

If you have Cruise control:
- First, you have to take the bottom 10mm bolt off the cruise control and push it up out of the way

Whether you have cruise control or not:
- There is a holder that holds two gray plugs, the doorlock wires are in the "bottom" plug, with the Black/Red and Black/White wires on opposite ends of said plu
- These wires only show (-) when you use the passenger side doorlock switch, they won't test from the driver side one (since the doorlock module is in the driver door, the signal wires never have to leave the door)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Look behind the fuse box and over toward the kick panel inside the car. You should see the grey plug. It usually has a piece of blue tape holding it to another harness.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all,

MorningZ, wires I'm looking for are door lock/unlock(black/white, black/red), constant power(white), and ignition(black/yellow)

I'll try to look for those wires this weekend again. If I fail, I will definitely take the picture of my car's wiring and post them here.

Again, thank you bunch for help

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts

the constant and ignition run from the key area to the fusebox area (as said in multiple places), they are very thick wires compared to the rest of the wiring under there.......

the Constant (White) is grouped together in black plastic casing with the Starter wire (Black/White)... the Ignition (Black/Yellow) is in a bigger (# of wires wise) also enclosed in the same casing....

and i think i more than adequately described where to find the doorlock wires, and pay attention to the blue tape comment above, Honda off the assembly line "tags" the areas that the dealers need to access to for the dealer-installed-optional-alarm

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, that is super! Thanks a ton, MorningZ. If I still can't find the wires, something is wrong with me.

Thank you!

Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 200 GSi (Australian) I don't have the black/red and black/white like your Acura models, so I've located the plug because when I unplug said plug the central locking stops working, I'm trying to test with a multi meter by using Ohms 200k and having the positive lead in the plug, unplugged and the black lead grounded, switching the passenger door switch, I'm currently getting no result with the multi-meter, my question is does the plug have to be plugged in and also is there a chance I have to use the drivers side door since my model is right hand drive, any other yips or hints would be really appreciated as I'm almost ready to give up at this point as I've spent several hours trying to determine the unlock and lock wires.
Thanks

(Plug labeled '36' is the correct plug) Have also posted a picture of the USDM version plug for reference

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts
Those aren't the right plugs.

There is a plug shoved up there somewhere, it's definitely there, that is only two pins/wires, that's the one you want.

These other plugs provide the power to the central locking system, hence it doesn't work when unplugged

# Edit:
now i'm a little unsure, i can't recall whether the two pin plug is there only for models prepped for the dealer installed Honda alarm, it may only be in the later model ones

for sure there are some negative trigger wires to tap onto that go from the lock/unlock switch in the passenger door to the doorlock module inside the driver door, the colors should not be different for any Integra no matter what country/continent
#

1 - 15 of 15 Posts