Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am looking to buy a turbo kit or a Jackson Racing supercharger kit. Does anyone know of a shop that has a payment plan or some kind of credit plan in which I can pay monthly payments instead of a lump sum? I don't want to use my own credit card. I know some shops have their own credit cards and things like that. PLEASE HELP!!! thanks

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
The shops I've seen that have it just play middle man with the bank, as they have nothing to do with it. You would most likly come off better going to your bank and asking for a Line of Credit Loan. These are a revolving payment type, usually not having a minimum payment amount.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
that would work, but just think that you get a loan for all this stuff, and then you mess up your car... you'll either go into more debt getting it fixed, or you'll total it, and then have 2 or 3 loans you're still paying on. unless you're really attached, i think it'd be better to sell yours, and find a cheaper one, then use the extra to help pay for this kinda stuff.

·
Registered
14 Posts
why dont you just waite and save up the money, What I did was I started to buy the parts like turbo, manifold, wastegate etc. and then I went out and bought the car! Kinda of stupied I guess but this way I dont owe anyone any money, and since Im buliding the kit my self Im actually saving lots of money! So unless your really in a rush to by a turbo kit, then I would just waite untill I had all the money, or buy peice by peice like I did.

just my 2cents:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
As I heard learned through the years if its not nesessary never use your credit card or take a loan just for a car part. Say you take a loan to get a turbo kit then blow your motor...you're in a whole lot of trouble then. Just save up for it...it'll work out the best that way.

·
Registered
276 Posts
ya but think about it, all those people who r financing new cars r in debt, and they still fix up their cars. i know its bad to get into debt when u dont need to, but im sure if u plan things out and work out a plan that leaves u with enough money left over for a rainy day, it wont be that bad.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
intrest rate on credit card and bank loans. Save up for it, its your best bet...

·
Registered
53 Posts
You'd be surprised how long someone can sustain themselves on Ramen noodles. My point is, shave a little expense here, add a little savings there. If you really run out of cash, use the time to research. How many times I was saved from making mistakes doing things wrong the first time by a dry pocket...I've lost count.

·
Registered
476 Posts
MadPJ7 on Sep/03/02 said:
You'd be surprised how long someone can sustain themselves on Ramen noodles. My point is, shave a little expense here, add a little savings there.
i agree with MadPJ&.. ramen noodles the way to gooo.. you save up alot when you do that.. haha.. but interest rates with credit cards and loans.. i wouldn't do that.. just save or get the parts one at a time..

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you are gonna get a loan try to refinance your car up to its current NADA value. I am doing this to pay for a special gift for my GF. The good thing is that you get a better interest rate than you would have because the bank can repo your car if you dont pay up. The bad is that all that money you had paid into your car is now gone again so you owe your bank the full NADA value financed over however long it was originally. Like I have 2 years of payments on a 5 year loan. I refinance and now bam, I have a 5 year loan all over again...

97 gsr

1 - 14 of 14 Posts