Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
DAMN...amazing job...how long did that take you...i looked at each pic carefully and it looks amazing..but with that white dash..do you get a lot of glare...i wanted to do something like that but got scared so i did my lighter, trim around shifter and my deck border...how long did it take you and what kind of paint did you use for each material...

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Oh my goodness....that must taken forever to do. That takes a lot of dedication and time. Very nice job! :)
You can probaly make some money doing other peoples cars like that. Nice job!

·
Registered
962 Posts
looks real good!!!! what type of paint did you use?? ?i thought bout doing something like that in the future!!! now you just need some nice red racing seats!!!! looks good again!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
holy crap
bad ass man

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Looks excellent, very high quality!

How did you get the new fabric to say in the door panels? That is something I have concidered doing before, but never had any idea how to go about it ;)

·
Registered
711 Posts
StyleTEG on Aug/26/02 said:
Looks excellent, very high quality!

How did you get the new fabric to say in the door panels? That is something I have concidered doing before, but never had any idea how to go about it ;)
i think he used a spary on adhesive.. my local audio shop uses that to cover boxes.. and panels.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I love it, excellent job.....how long did the whole job take? If you would rate the difficulty of this project from 1-5 (1 being easy and 5 hard), it would be? What's the total cost of everything done also? After looking at how you did such a good job in the interior, i want to persue this project sometime later on. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
44 Posts
dude that is frikin' amazin!! i think i'm going to have to copy you. yes, yes i am. but does anyone know if it's possible to paint the seats??

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
its possible to paint the seats. But its better if oyu get it cut out. Probley cost a few hundred. But i heard alot of people regret painting there whole dashboard white cause it gives alot of glare when they drive. My sister's bf's brother in law did it. We told him not to do it and now he regrets it espcially on a sunny day.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For every pieces, after primer, wait for 5-10mins, I put on the paint, then need to wait for 5 days, then clear coat, 5 days again, then done~
Since I take turns, when some pieces are drying, I paint others, so for all the interior about a month, since I have a Service manual with me, taking them out is not a trouble!

About the dashboard, it's not so glare, after a day, I satisfy with it, when the dashboard reflect on the windshield, it looks like a foggy or cloudy, not glare at all!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I use Dupli-Color, check out their website, a lot hints!
for primer, the CP199 is specially for plactic!
Some more hints, there is a difference between "Laqucer paint" and "Enamel paint", for L you can paint the 2nd coat anytime u want, but for E you need to finish yr painting within an hour after the 1st coat or you need to wait for 5days, I like E more, it seems they are stronger to me!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts