Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many months (7) of saving money and slowly rebuilding my motor i am done!
About 7 months ago i was driving along in the rain trying to get home when i ran through what i thought was a small puddle but ended up being a huge puddle. water was pulled in through my intake and bent two of my rods
, slightly wrapped my head
, bent a valve
and flooded the carpet. After reveiwing the cost i decided to go with Eagle H beam rods, JE 10:5 comp pistons, arp everything, stock valves and had the head milled smooth, used a high performance head gasket and spent a lot of time cleaning the carpet and so on. But i am happy to say i can drive my teg again
While i did this i went ahead and powder coated my valve cover and intake..... I took a while but i finally got it done it was hard getting all the money being in college and i did all work myself.

·
Registered
283 Posts
dude, awsome! very inspiring. About 3 weeks ago i threw a rod in my GSR and it sux. Perfect time to rebuild for the better. How muc did all of this cost you? just so i know kinda what im getting into here.
Keep us updated with how everything worked out, and with what gains you might have gotten.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
everything cost me right at about $1000 best of luck! i figured rather than buy a new motor just rebuild mine since the block was fine. and i really dind't have the money for a swap.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i am going to get all of that minor stuff back on today i was too tired after all the work to put back the little things i was just glad to see it running again. Yeah the teg is just a cruising car it gets me from home to work to school and back. that is all it is used for. I am not looking for it to be super fast so the auto is ok wih me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts