Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always fill up and i round to the nearest tenth. But at the full service gas stations they always round to it to the quarter or dollar! That's like really stuffing the gas into the tank isn't it? Wouldn't that hurt the tank or something. It's not really good to over fill a tank right?

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dunno i juss need to go to a self serve station more often [there isn't some close to my house] The Full serve stations HAVE to top it off. I dunno why. I asked them why they had to and they said they were required to because they don't carry small change. I'm like wtf lol.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
In NJ, there is no such thing as self service...

So long as the boneheads don't overfill the tank and spill it on your paint, you shouldn't have any problems. Also, you have an overfill vent/spout thing (excess gas will drain down through the wheel well).

·
Registered
408 Posts
the only reason it clicks really is so that you dont spill any on the ground, yourself or on the car. that's all. you wont kill the car by topping it off.

·
Registered
183 Posts
the best way to go is self serve with debit/gas/credit. that way you don't need to round off to the nearest dollar. just let it go until it clicks, then you're back on the streets to ride again. oh and is anyone loyal to one station? i've only put chevron mid grade or higher in my car since i've had it...

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
If you're putting 89 or higher in your non vtec engine, then you're wasting your money...but thats another topic for another day.

I would HATE to have to go to a full service station. I would never trust some douchbag with that nozzle..."Oops, sorry I can't find the hole....oops, did you need that paint on your fender? Ooops, I can just tape your gas door back on, no need to get out. Duhhhh I don't have any change cause billy bob wanted to put it all in the condom machine, doooooy."

There's a full service station a few blocks from where I live and I only go there to get lawn mower gas and even then I get out and do it myself. There's something about getting waited on hand and foot like I have broken legs that bothers me.

I feel bad for you guys who have no option.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Justin Klemgold on Sep/08/02 said:
I would HATE to have to go to a full service station. I would never trust some douchbag with that nozzle..."Oops, sorry I can't find the hole....oops, did you need that paint on your fender? Ooops, I can just tape your gas door back on, no need to get out. Duhhhh I don't have any change cause billy bob wanted to put it all in the condom machine, doooooy."
LOL

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
no sh*t man there is this one full service station in Weirton that has the cheapest gas in town. i always get out and pump it anyways. i would feel like a bastard bein some 19 year old kid and have some 60 year old pump my gas for me.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Justin Klemgold on Sep/08/02 said:
If you're putting 89 or higher in your non vtec engine, then you're wasting your money...but thats another topic for another day.

There's a full service station a few blocks from where I live and I only go there to get lawn mower gas and even then I get out and do it myself. There's something about getting waited on hand and foot like I have broken legs that bothers me.

I feel bad for you guys who have no option.
u serious

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
WHAT THE HELL you guys got FULL SERVICE. WTF man i want full service in KALI its all self serve besides up in sacramento they got those new high tech machines that pump gas for u.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
i hate full serve...and i always ALWAYS top my tank off to the max! i mean, it'll take me like 10 minutes to get gas cuz i let it fill til it shuts off, then i let it drain, partially squeeze - listening for it to come ot the top, let it drain and repeat! i'm loyal to wawa!!! great gas @ great price, plus i can get my coffee too....

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
At one time I had read or was told that you should not fill the gas tank all the way up to the top of the filler tube and that you should only fill it until the pump turns off the first time.

The reason had to do with the closed ventilation system. If it is filled all the way to the top, fuel is likely to travel down the vent tube and damage the filter canister.

I don't have any hard evidence on this, but it does seem to make sense.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I use 89, but don't tell Justin.

It's probably just the placebo effect, but seemed like I was getting better response. Maybe it was just cause it got colder about that time.

Anyway, for the first time since I got the car, bought gas in NJ. The poor guy couldn't figure out why I gave him such a dirty look as he started to pump the gas. I was sitting there thinking "OK, don't chip the paint; don't slam the cover; and make sure the cap clicks at least three times."

1 - 20 of 30 Posts