Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone. i've been looking for a pair of jdm itr fenders lately. i wanted metal ones because i always want to go as much oem as possible but i've been looking weeks with no luck. so today i called up a guy around the bay area who's selling a pair of fiberglass jdm itr fender replicas and he's selling them for REALLY cheap. i just wanted to know how many of you out there have/had fiberglass fenders? and how do they hold up? would you recommend it?
i really need some feedback on this because later on i don't want to regret it. i know the fenders are gone if i get into any kind of collision. thanks you guys. oh yeah if anyone has a metal ones up for sale, hit me up
. i think i'm gonna wait out a week or so to make sure i find out more before i decide if i want to buy the fiberglass fenders or not.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have fiberglass fenders and i must say: If you can help it, go metal. A cat hit my car one fiberglass fender one day and busted all of the screw holes to my bumper on teh right side. Needless to say, I was dismayed and am in the market for metal fenders right now.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
i know all the jdm front ends i've seen have metal fenders.. fiberglass fenders may be cheap but u get what u pay for.. i hear lots of bad stories about fiberglass and people having to go back to metal because of their frustration.. "i wish i had waited for the metal fenders" etc...

you might want to ask a shop if they will be getting any front clips in.. or if they can special order them for you.

·
Registered
820 Posts
feedback...I have fiberglass fenders unfortunately. THey're holding up alright, I was smart enough to raise my ride during the winter. Some things you can't help though and w/ fiberglass things can get ugly. They're cheap, but I would definately pay the extra money for metal ones. It's just I got my car the way it is. Oh also the screws holes that holds the fender in place, yeah...they're cracking around it, wack huh.

·
Registered
461 Posts
i have fiberglass fenders...dont get them. the holes to attach the front bumper on both sides are both broke and they make an annoying rattling sound. get metal.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh man such an old post. anyway i went metal and thank god i did. i got into an accident and the metal ones were salvageable. if i had gotten fiberglass it would have shattered to bits.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.