Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to do fiberglass body vents on my car. you know the ones you get off ebay then cut a whole in your car and then mud(bondo) them in. has anyone does this. i know a guy in redding where i live has a g2 integra like me with them done in front of the rear wheels pretty low on the quarter panel and it looks cool. anyone have pics or info on doing it. i also want to make my hood an invador hood by doing this also. let me know

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no because the vent goes all the way in it isnt just asthetic it actually works like for the hood it actually opens it up to get more air. ive seen the car its not just bondoed then sanded.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
samdawson on Feb/05/04 said:
no because the vent goes all the way in it isnt just asthetic it actually works like for the hood it actually opens it up to get more air. ive seen the car its not just bondoed then sanded.
So, why would you need more air to go into a rear panel? In a hood scoop, it provides more air for the engine. I've seen a few of these vents, they only have one opening so wouldn't it just cause drag?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah it would but im just saying the are not just asthetic you actually do cut holes and mud them in. hey i never thought a bout that it would cause drag that sucks........maybe ill just do my hood. oh well good point.

·
Registered
712 Posts
yes u DO cut up ur car and mold or bondo them in

y do u need vents for? most likely these for are looks but other cars have vents so that air can run thru and hit the rear brakes and cool them down

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
urbanracer98 on Feb/05/04 said:
call me stupid...but I actually thought these vents would make good rear brake coolers.
They would, but most aftermarket vents that you buy are purely for aesthetics. Why? Because it's a dead end. Air can't flow through them to get anywhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts