Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a new OEM replacement clutch made by LuK w/ ACT 8 lb flywheel on a 97 LS. What I was wondering about is can my transmission handle the add stress of a greddy turbo kit on it. Also, (if you the Dallas Area) Im tryin to find a good place to install a kit like this in Dallas area. I checked the local shop list it is a little out dated and doesnt tell me much. I went to jotech, but I dont have that kind of money to blow on this car.

Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
258 Posts
Your transmission itself will be fine, just keep the fluid clean. As for the clutch, you will be fine for now, but don't expect it to last long. I am currently using the stock clutch and it seems to hold fairly well. But if I launch hard or really get on it for an extended period of time, you can smell it burning. Im giving my clutch another 10k tops and I probably have about 10k on it now being turboed.

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
Reguardless .. Its going to put much added stress on your OEM clutch. Don't plan on driving it hard for long.

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
GSRevs on Feb/08/06 said:
Reguardless .. Its going to put much added stress on your OEM clutch. Don't plan on driving it hard for long.

well, from my esperience with about 20k on my turbo setup my OEM clutch has worked very well, I was putting down 220lbs of trq, and it still holds perfectly, I dont redline or launch every street light, so just be smart about how you drive,

and in any case, no need for new clutch until your OEM is slipping, so I couldnt worry about it until you reach that point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.