Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the future i plan on goin turbo (wish me luck) iv read about goin turbo and all that good stuff, i have a stock 94 gsr with around 140k miles, in a few weeks ill be getting around $1500 to put into my car. i want to use this money to prep my motor for FI what is some good sugestions on what to get to build the motor up?
right now i know im goin to get DC headers 4-1 and havent had time to think of other stuff to get

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
I'm going to be brutally honest with you here...

Don't get a turbo. It's very apparent that you don't know anything about it. How is apparent? You said you were getting a header.

Save your money for a while, read....read....and read some more and do a ton of research.

I don't know what kind of setup you are going with for 1500 bucks either. That is way too cheap for a turbo kit and tuning and whatnot.

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
redteg94 on Feb/19/04 said:
i was stupid =X yea ill do alot more reading :)
I never said you were stupid man. I'm just saying you need to educate yourself on this topic. I don't want you blowing your engine up. Forced Induction is nothing to mess around with, it's very serious business.

I'm just trying to save you lots of money. =)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea its cool, iv been reading alot more about it and know alot more, would it hurt anything if i go ahead and replace my pistons, valves(internals) with low compression stuff before i get a turbo even if it takes me a year to get a turbo?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.