Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my teg 2 days ago. Its a 94' LS. I got it cheap ($5500) because it has 146000 miles, but it runs great and I figured if I get a cheap one with high mile I'll have more money to build the engine and turbo it.

First question is what is the best thing to do to the engine if I want to run just a moderate amount of boost, say 10-12 lbs. This will be a daily driver so I need something reliable. About how much will this cost for the rebuild (I know every shop will be different but I just need a rough estiment).

Second What would be the best Turbo kit? I know everyone has a different opinion about this. Can you keep the A/C with all the kits? What one comes with the best fuel managment system, or should I buy some kind of other fuel managment system.

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
just wanted to let you know that there are alot of answers to your questions already on this board. try using the search function located to your left and the articles section which is located to your left as well. both of this resources should yield you with the correct information that you need. i am suggesting this because i feel that learning these type of things by yourself is much better than just asking for answers, when you learn them you will understand why, the money involved, all of the correct reasons, and make a much better informed and involved decission when it comes down to make a purchase. as with your second question this is also something that you need to figure out for yourself as well. what are your power goals? what do you want to use your car most for? how much money are you willing to dump? if there are any specific questions pertaining to a certain post, just reply to that post and im sure they will get answered. and if you still have questions after using these resources then go ahead and post one up.Thank You
alex
Here is one link i found for you. It closly relates to the questions you asked. also if you have any other questions not concerning F/I directly (I am not a very reliable source when it comes to this subject) feel free to give me a pm.
http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=12&TopicID=6227&PagePosition=1

·
Premium Member
11,572 Posts
Check BoostControl's article and our FAQ in the articles section. Then, ask questions if you don't understand something, but u gotta be more specific about what you want to achieve. 10-12 psi is gonna be a relatively expensive bottom end buildup. Talk to BoostControl or 20lb.teg . They can shed light on almost any turbo topic. Peace.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
extreme you give suggestions like this all the time. and the question after them is always, "Why?" well it stands for this one to, Why? you cant just give out products with no reasoning for it at all.
Note: A certain brand does not make a certain product the best. and remember that every product is part of a system, so they need to all work together.

·
Premium Member
11,572 Posts
also, drag and revhard manifolds are not equal length and have been known to crack (b/c they are cast iron, instead of cast steel) as well as cause boost creep (b/c of the fact that the wastegate port is on the number one runner). I would look for an equal length manifold in your kit. Just make sure it's a reputable shop with customer feedback. Depending on the shop, the custom kits may cost more or less than drag, greddy, fmax, etc. However, always remember: you get what u pay for, so don't skimp on parts. Make sure you know how the turbo system operates, etc. before you go out buying stuff. If you're near VA, i seriously recommend InlinePro. you can also order their stuff online

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Makes a papa proud to see such care and info slayed by TurboLS ! Keep up the EXCELLENT wrath of info ahh spewing ! <--word check ?

Am I drunk ? I don't feel drunk....
Props go out to ya...Ya come a long way son!

Seriously...nothing more to add here...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts