Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 Integra GS, and the battery was dead. it’s been accidentally jumped with 24v and smoke came out on the dashboard and ever since then the car won’t start. there’s no fuel no spark, but it cranks. I checked the main relay and I changed it, it still wouldn’t start. I checked the fuses and i saw that the FI E/M fuse is blown so i put another fuse and it keeps on blowing. I’m open for all suggestions!!

·
Administrator
3,824 Posts
If you saw smoke, that means wires were burning. More than likely to the point that the insulation melted, which exposed wires, which are now touching, causing the short, causing fuses to blow.

You're only hope is to remove the entire dashboard, and diagnose. More than likely, you'll need a new dashboard harness, and possible a chassis harness. Both can be acquired from a savage yard, eBay, etc, but a ton of labor involved at this point.

Lastly, even if you have the wire harness replaced, you still do not know what damage was caused to other components throughout the vehicle. Especially, the ECU, ABS module, airbags, audio system, cruise, heating/AC, lights, dash cluster, and other modules throughout the vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a ton of questions for my car, bc i just recently removed the dash due to the smoke that came out there when it was accidentally jumped with 24 volts, is it okay if you help me go through the process? I’m so new to all of this and i need a lot of assistance thank you so much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts