Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just because I know there are more coupes on TI than sedans, I wonder if the problems I read about are mostly problems with coupes. I mean, I've had the sunroof chatter and the heat shield rattle under the gear shift kind of problems, but I've never heard any rattling or any of the other problems I hear about. So I'm just wondering what problems are going to be unique to coupes and which ones are unique to sedans.

one of the problems I know sedans will never have to deal with are the hatch shocks wearing out. My trunk just goes straight up. Its not on any kind of shocks or anything.

What other problems are unique to each body style?

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
My 4dr does seem tighter then my 2dr. There is no hatch rattle. My sunroof doesnt chatter either. Its much bigger than my 2dr moonroof. I would think a sedan or a coupe could have the chatter as its the same thing basically.

I had the heatshield rattle on both cars.

Both leaked water as well in the spare tire well.

The windows rattle very bad on my 2dr and not at all with the 4dr. I bet its because of the lack of the window frame.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
The only difference i can think of is window leaking cause of the window sill and scratches on the window. Not sure if the scatches apply to both coupe and sedan.

·
Registered
698 Posts
one big difference is that sedans ahve frameless windows. Not many people know this. I can tell you from experience, there are times when I wish I did'nt have them. Right now my rear drivers side window is a little off and , being that the windows are frameless,it catches on the weather stripping a little...very annoying. Speaking of weather stripping, mine is starting to rip on the pass. rear, too. Other than that, I can't really think of much else.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TheGSRGuy on Mar/01/04 said:
Heat shields may not be a problem because the exhaust system is different on a 4-door.

4-doors could have problems with the second set of doors: windows, locks, hinges, etc.
What kind of problems can happen with the windows, locks or hinges that wouldn't happen to a 2 door? Other than the child proof locks on the back doors, I think everything is pretty much the same. We just have double what coupes have.

I think the heat shield rattle is common on either sedans or coupes. Its the one right under the gear shift and I think both styles have one in the same place.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I basically have all the symptons as a coupe.

*EDIT*

Except the sunroof rattle/chatter.

I wish my trunk had shocks instead of those hideous arms that holds the trunk in place. When you have the trunk fully loaded (and this happend alot if you have family like myself) and try to close the trunk, those arms comes into contact with your luggage. sh*t, you have to take more luggage out from trunk. That sucks because then you aren't really maximizing your trunk space.

Plus with those arms eliminated, you could put deeper 6x9's in the rear because you would lose those kinky metal lines going across the rear where the speakers are.

My old 92 civic sedan had two small shocks that held the trunk up. That saved a ton a space.

·
Registered
32 Posts
danteisme on Mar/01/04 said:
Quote: Furious94LS on Mar/01/04 Both leaked water as well in the spare tire well.

my 4 door just started doin that, did you figure out what it was?
ditto on the tail light gaskets - I replaced mine & that fixed it. the dealer stocked them 'cause it was so common a problem.
rear caliper sticking is also a common problem...

·
Registered
346 Posts
o man I love my frameless windows!!!!!!
Yeah damn water in the trunk...I'm planning on fixing that today since its warming up and raining outside as I type.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Yea i hate having water in the spare well (I need to try the tail lights). Sak, I know what ur talkin about with the arms in the trunk (I hate that). Other than that I dont hav any other problems. I dont hav a problem with my frameless windows.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Since the sedans are frameless, they have these little 'sponges' on both sides of the windows to hold the windows straight. When these sponges accumulate dirt, they start scratching them!
I took out the tail-light gaskets - cleaning them, and then replacing them...it worked for a couple of car washes and then water started leaking back into the trunk
I've also looked into why the passenger side window rattles when it's open as none of my other 3 windows rattle, but it seems like nobody on TI has that problem...
I totally agree with Miles on the weather stripping and the doors being mis-aligned and with Sak on those torsion bars(?)...I bet those play a big part on rattle, esp when you have both subs and 6X9's.

·
Registered
706 Posts
My 4dr really has no problems at all with the body the only thing that i seem to have trouble with is the damn motor everytime i get something done something els fails on me. I have had the typical exhaust sheild rattle but took care of those. But i love the frameless windows i think it gives the car something unique about it. But other than that i love my 4dr and damn does it look better lowerd than the 2dr's in my opinion.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I agree on the looks better lowered. I have owned both a coupe and sedan, sedan looks hot haha. The problems I have on my sedan now is, one the window sometimes gets caught on the weather sill, so when I drive, air passes through, I just put down my window and back up and it realigns. My rear driver side door is stuck...won't open either way haha and both back windows make noise when I put them down. Poop. Trunk is fine, everything else seems okay.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
I will be able to judge the lowering soon. My 2dr is lowered on Pro-Kit and Tokico blues. The GSR is getting the same exact setup. I will post pics of them both side by side. I can't wait.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Kinda late I guess replying to this, but does anyone have a link to the moonroof chatter? Last time I sprayed some silicone lube on it and it was fine, but it just started back up. only real problems I have with the sedan are some monstrous speed bumps while lowered (h/r race), just the mudflaps I think. Also, getting a lot of parts...exhaust, and side skirts and the like. Anyone know if Wings West makes a rear lip/valance for the 98+ sedan? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
gXpher on Mar/02/04 said:
Since the sedans are frameless, they have these little 'sponges' on both sides of the windows to hold the windows straight. When these sponges accumulate dirt, they start scratching them!
i think i have this problem, can it be fixed easily? Has anyone fixed it themselves?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Moon Roof chatter.. i think the fix is to grease up the tracks... and as far as replacing the sponges on the window.. its easy just need to take the window out of the door and replase them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts