Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i rarley ever post looking for opinions just becuase i believe to each their own, but im having a hard time with this one. I just recently purchased my new (to me) 2001 Black GSR. My question is would it be a waste to refinish my old fat fives, repaint them a dark bronze, and slap them on the 01. I see newer rim styles on older cars, but not vice versa. Any one think it's odd, i like the blades ALOT,, but there's something about the clean look of the fat five. Dunno what it is. Gotta figure out something quick as my boss has offered me a new set of any tires we carry so I want to get 'em mounted before the offer slips off the table. I dont run anything larger than a 15" unless Im at a show for work, then ill throw some 17"'s on to attract some attention, so my next thought was to just go with a Rota but we sell alot of those so I know they are quite common. Thanks for your opinions.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Well congrats on the new GSR first of all.
I agree with Nathan I would go with the the 5's and get some good tires.
I hope to get some 5's soon just because I like them and would like to use them as an extra set...I am a rim *****....I like to change it up every once in a while.. lol

if you go to the photoshop section on here you can have some PS them on your car so you can get an idea of how they will look on your paticular car

Good Luck

Michele

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
yeah if you like them, then give 'em a nice new paint job. I personally like the blades when they're polished or painted bronze.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I used to have the old fat fives on my 2000 dark violet pearl gsr. I didn't try repainting them but dark bronze sounds like it would look better. When I bought the car it had 4 donut spare tires and a friend had the fat fives in his garage. They were slightly damaged so I upgraded eventually. The only picture I could find from when they were still on isn't from the best angle to see the wheels, but I just set it as the 3rd picture under the Integra tab of my Profile if it helps.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I finally got a chance to sand em' down and refinish them. Then painted them a dark bronze with a heavy "wheel" clear. Im having the tires put on tommorrow morning then Im going to throw them on the car and I'll post some pics. Considering how badly the faces were marred up...i think they turned out quite well.

hmmm....cant get the image to work, so heres the link:

http://www.barrontire.com/panels.html

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its about 1/2 and 1/2 rattle can and auto paint. Basically I got some bronze (about 1/3 qt) and mixed some black in it. Sprayed the wheels and ran out of paint. After searching for 3 days around all the local body shops I just hit up home depot and bought some bronze spray paint. 4 good coats all together with a heavy clear (dupont). Need to lower the cart a bit, but thats next aftr new brakes and rotors.

205/50/15 Zeon ZPT's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.