Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some times when I slow down and turn I hear my tranny shift down kinda fast(maybe from 3rd to 2nd or 1st. Does this seem to be a problem or is it normal? Should I be checking for something?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
umm u have a auto i take it im gona say it normal for it to do that becase my budys auto does that.. i noticed it on the many rides to school... and nothing has gone wrong on his car yet.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
are you braking while turning in?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
well before yes, but I mean are you continuing to brake still after initial turn-in (sorry for my lack of elaboration earlier)

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
ive driven all sorts of automatics and never experienced a downshifting automatic trans unless i went from D to 3 or 2. They include:

94 Lexus GS300
96 Mazda Millenia
95 Nissan Maxima
92 Nissan Maxima
95 Jeep Grand Cherokee
89 Honda Prelude
the hundreds of cars i did installs on at work

thats all i can think of right now

·
Registered
215 Posts
same here, mine doesnt downshift unless I am braking from a very far distance from the turn. the only time i experience it downshift is when i press the gas just right at after the apex of a turn or completely after the turn, then it downshifts.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
the way I thought automatic works (please help me out here Mike) is whatever gear you're in at whatever [sensed] speed, you (more the computer automatically) shift down only 1 gear (usually like 3rd) unless you come to a complete stop or brake down to like, say, >5MPH.. If you do reach >5MPH or stop, the car then shifts down to 2nd to 1st. If you only slow down say from 45 to 15 for a turn, you should only be downshifting a gear; unless you have manually done so (which wouldn't be suggestable)

Another thing, the car will usually downshift to 3rd. That means (sorry for not mentioning it earlier, I'm no expert) if you were able to go from say 60MPH to about 1MPH given the alloted road'age with no braking, no gas, then it won't downshift anymore (the auto goes through 2nd rather quickly) until you completely stop..

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
actually, you know what, after some thought, disregard any misinformation, haha, I dunno much about automatic.. if there's like a ''lunging'' feel, I dunno what it could be.. something with the tc? is this cold or warm.. cold motors appear to be notoriously wah-wah in Honda's I believe..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.