Team Integra Forums banner

FAQ 4 FORCED INDUCTION *AWESOME*

941 views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  FlatRate 
#1 ·
after doing some research i came across this faq which answered every question i had on TI. very awesome information and i would reccomend anyone who plans on turboing their engine or thinking of building their engine for a turbo setup and not really having a clue on whats going on since they are new check this out!

Honda Turbo Technical Information

#7 ·
I saw this and it seemed like a real blunt comment on how to pull a few hp...
"- A few extra horsepower can be picked up by advancing the ignition timing of your Naturally Aspirated Honda from 16 degrees to 18 degrees by turning your distributor counter-clockwise. Use a factory Honda service manual for instructions or have your mechanic do it next time you get a tune-up. Also make sure to always use 92 octane after."
How accurate is this guys comments like the one above?

#9 ·
"- Aftermarket Hoods: Hoods with vents are good! Especially during the summer. Our turbocharged cars run slow during hot summer days, and that's a fact. one way to partially remedy this is the use of a vented carbon fiber, or fiberglass hood. I used to have one on my car, and I did see results. I'd even pull up at a red light, and I could see the heatwaves rising up out of it, allowing my engine bay to cool down. Heat-soak sucks!"

I was originally planning on getting an OEM-style CF hood, but this article says vented hoods are better? Maybe at idle, there is a different but when the car is moving, is there that much of a difference with vented hoods?

#10 ·
that site's gotta lotta speculation and jabber displayed as fact.

and since it's at its own website, people believe it.

speaking of MoTeC and haltec for "stage 3"? why do you need 2000+ dollar things to tune those setups? it's not all that extravagant, hondata or aem ems (which isn't mentioned at all) can easily handle just about any setup you throw at them.

i doubt he's actually seen somebody running a motec on a honda. if you think aem ems is bad... try playing with motec. ugh.

and vented hoods work so well b/c he saw heat waves once? where's the proof? datalogs of AIT, coolant temp, and a couple rough ET's would help make better proof.

the first thing you see wrong... he slaps a horsepower rating on stock parts (in reference to rods, mostly). that's a horrible thing to do.

too much aftermarket ignition junk too, for every setup. you can run pretty crazy setups with stock ignition, just run the gap a tad smaller.

#12 ·
Matt's theory is piratical for a D-block setup. Honestly, why build the engine when they cost $400 complete? THe financial trade-off favors blowing motors.

He also lives in CA, so I'm sure someone has the over kill Motec and I believe he worked at a speed shop of some sorts, so his shopping cart could be jaded.

#14 ·
Thats MatT3T4's website. Its been up for a long ass time now. Neouser, Matt, and Texan are good friends. I know them too, but neo is the only one who's actually meet them in person.

Anyhow, Matt was the Turbo forum moderator guru on SHO back when everyone else was there too (Tuan, Gvtec, Texan, etc). Belive it or not, he was one of the first who actually pointed out that higher compression and low boost was better than low compression and high boost.

Matt's actually been here and talked a few times before. As a matter of fact, his very own articles have been posted on here too.

If you guys want more articles, feel free to roam Hondavision and look for them. We all know that MD's Intake article is hosted over there, not here as many may have think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.