Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im considering both of these tires in 205/50/15. the falken is an H rated the toyo a V rated tire. now i know the falken is a harder compound than the toyo thus making it last longer but not handle as well. i really dont want anything that hard because i already have hard ass michelins on my GSr and they suck. if the falkens are anythign like that i dont want em, and ill settle for the toyos. does anybody here have experience with either of these two tires? i did a search and came up with minimal responses based on both tire brands. any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
711 Posts
i have the falken ziex...i love them, they grip to my needs, Their soft but yet have a stiff wall..my friend gots toyo proxes and he says they dont really grip..... oh yea i have the same size falkens you want.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
I wouldn't ever buy either of these again. But If I had to choose...it would be the Toyo.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
My brother's car has the ziex on them Mark...They are a real good all-season tire IMO...I have used them in the snow, and they are pretty good....the tread seems to last along time, I'm already on my second set of tires, while he's on the original ziex....his car isn't dropped though...they have decent grip, nothing like the azenis, but alot better then the stock michelins....the price is alot lower then the toyos I think...

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
falkens it is! thanks guys! ill let ya know how they are on my car as soon as the springtime rolls around.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
i had the proxes on my car and i liked them a lot. i have the same size you are talking about too. i felt that they gripped good and handles good. but i also felt that they were not good in the rain either. i haven't ever had the ziex so i can't really compare but i felt the toyo's had good dry weather characteristics.

·
Registered
535 Posts
i have the same size ziex's and i can say theyre pretty good in the rain, and they do last a while if thats of any consolation.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
mark, i have the falken ziex 512s on my 17'' rims, since they are so thin...my traction in the winter hasnt been that great (on ice), but in the rain they are pretty fukin good in my opinion for bein so thin, and have an overall good grip! good luck on your choice!
xoxo
*~*Ash*~*

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
don't get either of those I hated both the fz4s and the 512s the 512s more than the fz4s i had a set of ze502s
that i loved and then they replaced them with the 512 so i tried them out they didn't last nor grip as well as the 502s and the contact patch is way to small in that size of a tire the tread width is like 6.5 inches wide

·
Registered
42 Posts
heres the thing. the toyo is number one rated tire in north america for 7 years in a row, by j d powers, recieving the award. the falkens suck. i had them for my stock tires, they dont handle for crap and the tread wear rating is lower than the toyo. less grip. now toyo has a brand new tire on the market, its the p4. way better than the fz4. i have those on my 17's and im gettin the p4 soon. now the p4 is designed with the silica-tread compound found in the parada spec. along with the directional tread pattern. theyre ultimately the better bang for the buck.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
damn, makes me think it over....well time to do comparisons again. ill have to ine up the specs and see what happens.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
i dont know on what basis the toyo made it the #1 ture in NA but every company has different ratings

thre are much better companies to choose from out there for a very close price range-- like i said
I HATE and will deter all and any one i know against the falken ... lets put it this way-- after 450 miles I took a pretty soft turn about 4 hrs after it had finished raining... so it had dried abit---

took this corner and yeah i admit i puched the car thru the turn but the tires were brken in and they were warmed up after abuot 20 mins of driving on the highway---point being took the turn and ended up doing a 520 degree spin ( thats a 360 and a 180) luckily it was 2 am and no one else on the road...

rest of the mile on the falkens were a bit loud, not a that bad, but i got only about 22K miles and i take it easy on them because i never trusted them after that one day....
want more info you can pm me.

currently on a set of new yoko avs es 100-- only heard great reviews on them though.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
mu9en on Jan/31/04 said:
i don't like toyo proxies..

I have to agree with kenny on this one, they don't grip very well even if you heat up the tires, they actually lose grip when warm

I agree with steve also, his tires are a soft compound and even with the way he drives, they haven't loss thread. The thread wear is 280 on the falkens... pretty low but a great performance tire.

Quote: dave0283 on Feb/03/04 will I have any problems if I buy the Falken Ziex 205/50-15 and put them on the stock gsr blades or should I stick with the stock 195/55-15
thanks

what ever floats your boat. 205 actually fits better with a 7" width. But they will fit the stock Blades with the 6.5" width. You just might have a little more sidewall flex or feel a bit sloppy, but it is not the case 100% of the time.

Quote: 95gsrturbo on Feb/01/04 currently on a set of new yoko avs es 100-- only heard great reviews on them though.
Great tire, I've driven a teg with these tires and thye handle just as well as the falkens. This guy is correct about some falken tires not performing well int he rain. Here in southern california it is dry pretty much most of the time. The falkens that perform like ass in the rain is the Azenis sports... they are basically street slicks haha. As for noise, they don't squeal, just lose compound. But the AVS does perform just as well in as the falkens and they do have a high performance rating in wet conditions.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts