Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows where to get the slimline series fans at even a semi decent price.

Thanks in advance.

-Ed

·
Registered
269 Posts
yea i havnt been able to find them below 300 eiether. i get wholesale discount from keystone through my shop and can only get it for 315.

·
Registered
626 Posts
ScreaminTeg on Mar/03/04 said:
did anyone check Summit Racing to see what they are there ? Just thought of them.

While we're on teh subject of them, can you reverse the polarity of the FAL fans to make them pushers instead of pullers ?
Is there a benefit to that? If yes, does it apply only to a boosted car or would NA see results too?

When the fans are running and the car is moving, shouldn't the blade be moving the same direction as the incoming air, or do the fans not run when the car is moving as the temps in the engine bay are cooler than at stand still?

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Furious94LS on Mar/03/04 said:
Contact Deadlock23. I think he has them. I remember him saying they were $300 He has a turbo setup on his LS.
Yeah the problem is that they are 300.. And no one can seem to find them any lower than that..and I just find it kind of ridiculous to pay 300 bucks for fans, but none the less I will need them because of the upgraded radiator I'm going to get. As far as the pusher/puller, yes you can do it. And the advantages are one intakes and lets say you don't have a/c then the other one will blow the air in the radiator.(At least that's what I think I read) In any case does anyone else know of another company that is perhaps cheaper..I'm not stuck on brand names I just havent seen another slimline fan company.

-Ed

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I just wanted to chime in and say the dual fan I bought was a total POS, for the money paid. All the metal hardware that is tapped for the screw holes were 3/16" off center, making it nearly impossible to attach. I fought with the unit for about forty-five minutes, before I had to put it in a drill press and half moon all the holes.

For +$300, you would think they could align 7 holes.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
I did a search on google for these fans and the lowest was $301 and the highest $350. It is kind of crazy to pay that much for fans. I would think that cheaper ones may turn to sh*t fast, or at least the fitment would suck.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
dougw101 on Mar/03/04 said:
Is there a benefit to that? If yes, does it apply only to a boosted car or would NA see results too?

When the fans are running and the car is moving, shouldn't the blade be moving the same direction as the incoming air, or do the fans not run when the car is moving as the temps in the engine bay are cooler than at stand still?
No real benefit really...In my case though, I have the fluidyne rad., so that takes up a bit more space. And also, my core support it bent in slightly, so I lose more space with that. So I have one of the factory fans on the front of the fan as a pusher. If i got the FAL fans, I would want to do the same thing. I don't know if it helps or not. But with the rad. and mugen thermo., the car runs cooler than stock. :thumb up:

Aside from that, I am going to look into the Auto Zone fans. They sell slim electric fans. I'm gonna see what the specs are on those and possibly give one of them a try.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Pusher fans shouldn't be used unless they have to be as at high speeds they actually restrict more then they help so if you can run a puller it's recommended over a pusher...thought I'd throw that in there!
Later,
Jared

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
90_integraLS on Mar/03/04 said:
Pusher fans shouldn't be used unless they have to be as at high speeds they actually restrict more then they help so if you can run a puller it's recommended over a pusher...thought I'd throw that in there!
Later,
Jared
Do you care to explain with some factual information rather than just telling us and expecting us to take your word for it ?

I'm not saying I doubt you, I would just like to know how it is causing a restriction ?

My fan is on the front, pushing air through the rad. As I drive, that air gets sucked into the fan, causing the fan to spin faster, and then pushing more air through the rad., cooling it just as effectivley.

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
Gvtec on Mar/03/04 said:
I just wanted to chime in and say the dual fan I bought was a total POS, for the money paid. All the metal hardware that is tapped for the screw holes were 3/16" off center, making it nearly impossible to attach. I fought with the unit for about forty-five minutes, before I had to put it in a drill press and half moon all the holes.

For +$300, you would think they could align 7 holes.
dont know how i missed this thread...

well here is some info, I got the fans for 300 from summit racing, the holes, i thought didnt match up just as Gvtec was saying, but they did, you have to position it just right and the plastic on the fans stretches when you start to tighten them, took me a little longer to install but came out nice and snug.

and for those who think that the stock fans cool better then the flex-a-lite have to see these things in action.

they deff keep my car cooler, and get rid off the nasty heat under the hood faster then the stock ones.

in conclusion I don't think they are worth the 300 bucks, but i wanted something to fit, and these barely did, and chopping up the stock ones was just not something I wanted to do.

oh and that link on efficiency of cooling someone posted, seems to be just someone's opinion nothing that proves that FAL is a POS

1 - 19 of 19 Posts