Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
guys, it is not the looks that is the utmost concern - it is the safety. do you really want your ass being held in by eBayDM in the event of a big crash?

·
Registered
736 Posts
thhey are not good.. buddy of mines bought it, they fit in all looks good but not very stable to sit on, its very flimzy... not a good seat to sit on during a accident... you will fly.. also if your a big guy, you will most likely break the seat... its not strong at alllllllll

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
B18Ch1ck on Sep/21/07 said:
guys, it is not the looks that is the utmost concern - it is the safety. do you really want your ass being held in by eBayDM in the event of a big crash?
Hense the reason I just cashed my chips in for some JDM red CTR recaros to replace my DAD ebay special seats.

Good advice.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
a gsx-r 600 isnt gonna hold me in its comforting arms either when i crash.... im more interested in the companys reliability, shipping times, comfort etc...

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
specter33 on Sep/21/07 said:
Quote: B18Ch1ck on Sep/21/07guys, it is not the looks that is the utmost concern - it is the safety. do you really want your ass being held in by eBayDM in the event of a big crash?

a gsx-r 600 isnt gonna hold me in its comforting arms either when i crash.... im more interested in the companys reliability, shipping times, comfort etc...
Yeah, and look at the death percentages of a gixxer 600 vs that of an integra. Comparing your car to a motorcycle is completely backwards.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I second Ami's opinion. I had a friend who purchased those seats and upon receiving them we realized that the sliders were useless because they didn't line up with the seats. The only way to get them to work would be with a bit of fabrication, and this could pose some reliability issues. If you or someone you know welds them on and doesn't do a good enough job, or sets the welder too hot etc. it could cause structural integrity issues or better yet death! Stock seat may not look as supportive as those Recaro Replicas, but you won't be flying out of the windshield in the event of an accident if you have them torqued down properly and are wearing your seat belt.

-Ulysses

·
Registered
542 Posts
Obviously fake. If you read, it says "Type R STYLE". You will never find legit jdm itr seats for that cheap EVER!

Think safety before you think price. Spend the extra money and get real seats that will actually protect you in event of a crash.

specter33- Thats a dumb way to look at it. When you get in a crash on a bike, your not expecting to be perfectly fine. When you get in a crash in a car, you expect to come out fine. Real seats will help you in doing so. What you should be interested in is SAFETY first, then the others second.

If anyone here cares about their well beings and that of their passangers, spend the money and get name brand seats such as Recaro, Sparco, Momo, Corbeau, Mugen, Buddy Club, Vision etc.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
R&D - research & development, baby. and comparing a bike to a car is backwards logic. getting on a bike is somewhat signing a waiver in case something happens, as it is just a more frequent happening on a bike. see why bikers call people in cars "cagers?" yep... because they have a cage, therefore ensuring some safety and why do we have cars? we feel safe in them and just as the contact patch of your tire holds you to the road and you want to be stuck onto the road, i want a solid contact patch between my body and the car and that contact patch is - you guessed it - the seat. stock > eBay, even... at least R&D goes into it, even if it isn't baller flashy m4d-colored.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
quite frankly i have never even sat in replica seats like that, but i know my legit RECARO's make me feel more secure in the teg than i felt in stock seats.

at the auto x track i spoke with one dude who had ****ty seats....
he basically said they were crap because he couldn't get the seats to sit up all the way.... not to totally knock on anyone, but save up and upgrade from stock... don't just get them for the 'hot racer look' , get them because you feel you need to be held in a little better

also, those seats draw a lot of attention to your teg, attention that might be paid to other cars if yours just looks stock

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
toddles73 on Sep/21/07 said:
Maybe i dont understand. How do seats keep you safe? dont they just keep u there for the seatbelt to keep you safe?
IF the seats hold you in - which with a fake, could be an issue... i've heard of seats straight snapping in an accident. how do seats keep you safe? if what is holding you in collapses, you're sent bouncebouncebouncing around...

·
Registered
294 Posts

That why we are asking because we know that the seats are not REAL deal. Because the quality and safety or the seats is important. Since we dont have them we dont know.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.