Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
The stock tires are garbage, not to mention the back of our car has a higher stance, while being much lighter than the front. The back will always snap out on ya =\

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have very good tires and it still happens. But yes, the rear of the car is significantly lighter. It also didn't help that I had almost an empty fuel tank. It is scary to think they dialed it in for oversteer from the factory.....most cars are biased towards understeer because it is safer for the average driver.

Would a rear strut tower brace help this? Or would I need a larger anti-roll bar?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
What tires do you have?

Any stiffening up in the rear will promote more oversteer. Honestly this is the first time I've ever heard of an Integra having too much oversteer stock. Did you have this oversteer problem when you were accelerating or braking?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Man SurferX, its true, If you drive around normal, like an everyday driver, you wont actually notice so much oversteer, but it actually is coming out with too much oversteer factory, my 96' LS was in the ship for 2 months because when i was coming off a highway ramp from I15, on my way to school, my rear end started sliding and i lost control, did about a 45° spin, then it flopped the otherway and did a full 180° into a fence and scrapped everything, wasnt a pretty sight. my first car crash ever.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
:dunno: My GSR plowed like a farmer till i put the ITR rear swaybar on witht he Konis and Neuspeeds. NOW it oversteers when i want it to (auto-X), but still not under power (lift-throttle oversteer).

If you back ends are coming loose because you're breaking or decelrating hard (top of a gear, let off of the gas) in a turn, that's improper driving and almost any car will do the same. You're off-loading the inside rear tire when you do that, effectivley putting the majority's car's weight on a single point, which the rear end will rotate around since it's more or less no longer planted. This is helped out alot by crappy stock tires, but evenwith ood tires, it'll still happen under the right circumstances.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts