Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched Sports Car Revolution on Speed today, and they did a quick feature on a product made by EXP4 Additives. They poured it into the gas tank. It claimed to reduce friction and lower engine temperatures, therefore causing an increase in horsepower. They did a before/after test on a truck and it resulted in a gain of 9 hp!

So I eagerly went to their website, www.exp4additives.com, and found they want well over $100 for just a bottle of this stuff! Insane!

Definetly not something I'd buy, unless I find from someone else that it really would help out an engine like my almost-stock B18B, and that it's worth the money, but I figured I'd bring it up. I thought it was interesting at least. Anybody heard anything else about this product?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Was this using a combination of all their additives? How long is this supposed 9hp supposed to last? Just for one tank? As if gas prices weren't high enough already.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
9hp huh? What kind of dyno did they use. You could see upwards of 5-6hp differences on the same car, on the same dyno, on back to back runs. Never heard of this product though, so I can't really offer any opinions on it.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Directly from their site.

EXP4 Gas N&I (12-12 oz. Case)
EXP4 Gas/Petrol N&I is designed to reduce friction at the piston ring, piston skirt and cylinder walls, where oil film is thin and microscopic "high spots" of metal parts rub against each other.

EXP4 Gas/Petrol N&I also reduces friction at the rubbing surface areas of the combustion-chamber side while providing a "total clean" for the intake system and combustion-chamber deposits.

Additionally, the accumulation of EXP4 Gas/Petrol N&I in the engine's oil helps further reduce friction throughout the internally lubricated parts of the engine.

Fuel carries EXP4 Gas/Petrol N&I to the cylinder wall where the engine can immediately benefit from the additive's friction-reducing qualities. Results from EXP4 technology include:

Immediate increase in fuel economy
Cleaner intake system
Improved fuel efficiency of the oil
Reduced exhaust emissions
Reduced engine friction
Increased power and acceleration with a single use
Effective on all vehicles, old and new
Does not void manufacturers' warranties

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They didn't have much info on the show. It was only like a 3-4 minute clip. Basically it was just the host guy saying "There's no way this is going to work," and then he was surprised and said "Wow." lol.

For the test if I remember correctly, they ran the truck w/o it on a dyno 3 times, poured the stuff in, drove around outside to get it all mixed in I guess, and then brought it back in to be dynoed again. I guess they did the dyno 3 more times w/ the additive. That would make sense. Sorry I can't offer more info.

Surfer, it was just the additive Hakomoto found above. They didn't say how long it'd last, but it looked like he poured most of the bottle in there. I just noticed it says on the site "12-12oz Case." So it's not THAT bad, I guess.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Interesting, I'd mess with it the next time I go get tuned on the dyno if it wasn't so expensive.

There is a problem with extrapolating power gains on big motors to our 1.8L motors. A 9hp increase on a big motor may not be a large percentage difference to them, however 9hp on our motors is a fairly substantial jump, equalling a much larger percentage change. So percentages being equal, the actual hp difference on a small motor like ours may end up being only half that of what the truck saw or less.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts