Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone got any sound clips of exhuast? i did a search for "exhuast" and "exhuast sound" with no luck. i'm mainly looking for a comptech exhuast clip. (on integras
)

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
the problem with getting wav files from other people's engines is the fact that if an engine is in a poor state of tuning, you will hear a crappy sound quality, that is unrelated to the exhaust itself. A poorly tuned engine will have a crappy exhaust sound.

Yes, there are some exhaust design features that affect sound quality but we have outlined what those are in the articles in the Performance Engine External section.

So you really have to distinguish between whether the owner has a sh*tty engine that makes sh*tty exhaust sounds or whether the exhaust has a sh*tty design.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
i bet that's why my exhaust doesn't sound "right" to me...i probably need my engine tuned-up again......

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
The wav. files I have sound pretty different from hearing it in real life.

Especially at WOT the sound file doesn't really do justice to the setup.

PS. my car needs a tuneup.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
CrazyTegdude on Sep/21/02 said:
anyone got any sound clips of exhuast? i did a search for "exhuast" and "exhuast sound" with no luck. i'm mainly looking for a comptech exhuast clip. (on integras
)
hello? did u guys notice he spelled "exhuast" wrong? it's exhaust. maybe that's why he didn't find it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i dont have any wavs but i've got a comptech cat back and i could describe i guess what it sounds like. it is really pretty quiet, but it has nice distict low tone without being obnoxious. i have a cai too so it howls in vtec, i love the comptech, its def not the loudest but its tone is nice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts