Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my comptech about 3 months ago. it is already starting to turn like a bronze color. Do you guys think that it would be a good idea to take a chrome/ stainless polish and polish it up to make it shiny again. any other ideas to make it look like the day i put it on?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Chrome polish is the best way to go about it.

Eagle one makes a metal polish wadding that I am quite fond of. You tear off a peace of the wadding, and use it to directly polish the steel/chrome. It works quite well, and is easy to use.

The other option is to use a very fine grade of steel wool. This will have more polishing action to it, but it sounds as if your problem is color changing from the heat and oils on the exhaust.

·
Registered
276 Posts
try mothers mag & chrome polish. It works wounders but alittle expensive.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have some of the mothers at home. would this help it if it is from oils ahd heat?

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Why is it that one of the most expensive exhausts out there turns colors while most of the cheaper ones don't.... hmmm....

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i don't know if i wiped it off totally when i installed it. also it could be soap from washing it every week that i didn't get it off totaly from those stupid car washes. this damn droupt and not being able to wash cars at home. so it could be mostly my fault of it turning.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
i agree with style. that eagle one polish works great. its easy to use and you can notice great results.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I got a tube of cream coloured gel with my Apex'i WS.

Anyone know what that is? Is it a polish? Just for looks
or does it serve a practical purpose?

And how do you use it?

·
Registered
106 Posts
hey I have a comptech exhaust for like a year and some now and it's still shiny as hell. You might have gotten a bad one or something, all the comptechs i've seen stay nice

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Justin95GSR on Aug/06/02 said:
hey I have a comptech exhaust for like a year and some now and it's still shiny as hell. You might have gotten a bad one or something, all the comptechs i've seen stay nice
You must be lucky because every comptech exhaust I've seen in person has turned colors... I don't remember most of their TI names, but I do remember that one of them was swiftllamagone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts