Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard the for a n/a ls i should use 2.25" exhaust piping. If i went bigger, such as 2.36, would that give me worse gains than 2.25? I know this has probably been covered somewhere but don't shoot me, i read the the exhaust articles, didn't find exactly what i was looking for, then i did an exhaust search and got like 175 pages of posts, so i gave up and started this post.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
ive got 2.36 skunk2 and it makes MEGA POWER.. BUY IT..

I do have the exhaust but do your research

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
If your just going to do mild bolt-ons 2.25/2.36 inches is good for an LS. I just finished putting my exhuast system in today...

Greedy 4-2-1 Header (2 inch collector)
Random Tech Hi-flow (2.25)
Apexi WS cat-back(2.36)

Its stepped like suggested in the articles, I dont feel "Mega power" just better throttle responce. I guess Ill find how good it is when i got to a dyno, to see my numbers and torque curve.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for your help fellas, i'm gonna have to go back and re-read that article, i skimmed it and there seems to be some very good info in there

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
As a rule of thumb, 2.25" is a good diameter for a N/A b18b1, however that number is not set in stone. You want to size your exhaust accordanly to your engine package. For example, if you plan to go beyond the normal I/H/C/E bolt-ons, 2.5" may suit your needs better.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
white_rice on Mar/22/04 said:
...if you plan to go beyond the normal I/H/C/E bolt-ons, 2.5" may suit your needs better.
did you mean to say that i would need 2.36 if i go beyond I/H/C/E?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts