Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a thermal research and development exhaust on my g2 and when i start it up..it seems to rattle..when im in the low RPMs..it sounds like it hits some metal..and i was just wondering instead of going to the shop and having them weld on a smaller pipe..is there anything i can put in between the two so it'll stop?..the reason for this is..i dont want to spend to much money bc im selling the neways..

·
Registered
195 Posts
is it your actual exhaust because I had the same problem and it was my cats heatshield. I got a testpipe and removed the heatshield and whatnot and its fine now, loud tho :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hehe nah its in the back..near my rims..bc a friend of mine said he had the same thing and he had to replace the actual pipe..i dont kno which pipe it was but he said it was too big and it hit this other pipe..but my cat rattles a little too..unless its the heatsheild..but i feel it just sometimes right under me.

·
Registered
404 Posts
NOT SURE TAKE IT TO CAR PLACE THAT PUTS oN EX...................IM THINKING ITS YOU HEAT SHEALD IT COULD BE RUSTED AND FALLINF OFF LIKE MY 93 HoNDA HB

......edit.......
sorry for the caps

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Have u physically gone under ur car and checked out the piping? It could be that ur piping is loose.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If it is near the back on the passenger side, it is the same as the rattle I have. (also have a Thermal R&D on my 92') It happened the last time I swaped out my cat. I didn't drop the entire exhaust and the back part was hanging a bit. I think it is just bent slightly. It may be hitting a part of the suspension or something. I have not been under mine due to <30 degree temps. I don't need to get that cold right now.

·
Registered
789 Posts
dont underestimate that damn heatshield. scared the hell out of me when I reved my engine, sounded like pistons were shaving the inside of my block lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have the same rattle, just put a rubber bumper on the pipe
ez

1 - 11 of 11 Posts