Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To give background I have a 99 LS 4dr. and the muffler rusted off so it’s removed now. Now I have a very loud rattle coming from another part of the exhaust. I know it’s not engine sound cause it happens at random. My question is that instead of getting a whole new exhaust is it possible to get just a high flow cat and have some sort of turn down instead of getting a whole cat back system? Or is it better to get a cheap cat back system? Seeing as I like the current sound (minus the rattle) which is more better in your opinion?

·
Registered
992 Posts
The loud rattle might be the heat shield which is normal on integras. So first thing are you asking if you should just for a High Flow Cat and remove the exhaust muffler all together and just add a turn down under the car somewhere along the exhaust line ? Im not sure what state your in but up here in Canada, no exhaust is normally a ticket. i would say depending on what your plans are down the road for the car and performance and where the exhaust rusted off, just fix that to get you by. I would than look into getting a stainless steel exhaust and correct sizing depending on your mod route. just my 2 cents.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts