so which one will get me the most hp,and sound the best

nice job surfer. thank you

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tony4311 on Sep/20/02 said:
so which one will get me the most hp,and sound the best
Don't make me beat you over the head with that "high performance" exhaust tip of yours haha

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
SurferX on Sep/21/02 said:
Don't make me beat you over the head with that "high performance" exhaust tip of yours haha

on a serious note, you want sound clips if people have them or would that take up too much room.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure I can handle them if they are MP3. WAV files are bandwidth *****s. I asked for exhaust sound clips before to build up a database but BlueTeg was the only one who sent me anything. If you got em I'll post em.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
doh
I have the same exhaust as blue. o-well

·
Registered
382 Posts
Do you want actual pictures of the exhaust on the car as well? I think that will help people as well too.

If you want actual pictures here is my album with pictures of the 5Zigen on my G3 http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291442889.

Sound clips will be finished tomorrow, finally got a chance to record it.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
kool surferx, you put up that chart of exhaust sizes as i suggested...hehehehe...j/k. i'm sure someone else has thought of that idea. hey, doesn't greddy offer it's evo in 70mm size, too?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, Greddy fools people by listing the EVO as a 60-70mm exhaust on their website. I don't know if they did that intentionally or what but it is misleading. In reality the entire b-pipe is 60mm, the only part of the exhaust that is 70mm is inside the muffler.

The only actual 70mm exhaust that I know of for Integras is the Kakimoto R.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
how about adding the original RS*R cat-back exhaust..

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Surf,

I spoke to Fentoozler and he's converting my "bandwidth ****" wav to an mp3.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
hey.. i have a super drager.. but i dont have any way to record it.. now if someone has a laptop i can connect it to a usb port..

my new drager is darn quiet on the freeway.. but still exhibits properties just like an hks should.. noisy when u want it to be.. doesn't sound like my "set off car alarms from 10ft away" blown drager.. but i cant get it to pop anymore.. i guess that was probably bad for the exhaust in the first place.. lol..

and i already cooked a possum with my piping.. argh..

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
SurferX on Sep/21/02 said:
No, Greddy fools people by listing the EVO as a 60-70mm exhaust on their website. I don't know if they did that intentionally or what but it is misleading. In reality the entire b-pipe is 60mm, the only part of the exhaust that is 70mm is inside the muffler.

The only actual 70mm exhaust that I know of for Integras is the Kakimoto R.
oh ok thanks...didn't the kakimoto have restrictive resonators? MD had this system right?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Nice article, I like that. one thing though.....where's the FLOWMASTER!!!
Just messing, I know it's not really meant for performance, just sound. But hey, I get compliments for it.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There's your Flowmaster up there, smallest and most restrictive aftermarket exhaust you could possibly buy haha. I forgot who asked but I also put the A'PEXi Dunk and Magnaflow systems up too.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Just to let you know that Flowmaster also comes in a 2.25" as well. It is the smallest but they do make it bigger. Putting down my exhaust......I have to look after it!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts