Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I explain, I would like to say, that I did a search, and there were no resolutions towards the problems, and mine is different.

Well here it is, I used to have the normal heatshield rattle on my car since i owned it, that rattles when u let go of the gas/acceleration and it rattles between 3000rpm 3500rpm.

But the thing is, now that noise all of a sudden has left, and now when I accelerate at over half maybe 70% where the pedal is, i get a small rasping noise, it sounds like its comming from under the passenger floor, so I believe its the exhaust. It sounds like a rasping, or a ricer exhaust, its not loud but is noticable from inside the car, when acceleration. Has anyone had this problem, or any ideas?

Thanks In advanced.

Sam

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a similar problem yes. It was making a rattling noise at low RPM's so I took it to the shop and they said my catalytic converter was loose, so they put a clamp on it. Im gonna have to soon buy a new one since its rusty and stuff.

Go to the shop and get it checked out!

·
Registered
2 Posts
its not your heatsheild or cat converter, its the piping of your stock header that connects into the exhaust, u may have a crack in the pipe. if it is your cat then the sound would be like aluminum sheets clanging together, if its a rasp or snarl its a crack in ur headers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sh*t, i thought so. Half a month ago i ran into a big snow boulder and it sounded nasty, And i seen water dripping from that area, so I think that may be the problem.

Thanks for the info guys, anyone else with ideas?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I recently replaced my exhaust with a custom cat back system. I was getting a rattle at low rpm, 2-3k. I got under the car and noticed that there was bolt that connected the cat to the body of a car (might be some sort of ground connection). It had come loose with the extra vibration so I just got it welded in place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.