Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to be a domestic car fan, until my foot met the accelerator of an Integra, of which I now own. Howover one thing that I have never liked if the way mufflers and cat-back systems are designed for imports. Take this picture for example. (No offense FLYdc2)

I can't stand the way that the muffler sticks out like that in the back and what I mean is how you can see the canister.

My Integra is equipped with what I think is probably one of the best sounding mufflers aroun - Flowmaster 40 Series DeltaFlow. The Flowmaster being a flat muffler is pretty much hidden up under the back bumper, but still noticeable.

What I want to do is reposition my muffler maybe somewhere between the cat and the back tires and run a coated black pipe back with maybe a 3-inch chrome tip. I think that would look so clean compared to a visible canister from Greddy or Apexi. Maybe its the domestic in me but I wanted to know your opinions.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Obviously you are talking about aftermarket exhausts that look a little different on the Integra, because I've never noticed that they look bad. Maybe that's because they did some tweaking with the rear bumper cover in 98 and the exhaust isn't as visible. I've got a factory exhaust and I've never felt that it was too visible. If you are seeing something you don't want people to see, then how about painting it flat black? That would hide it pretty well. Mine looks like its painted black, but I've never really checked too closely.

If your idea is to mount your muffler further away from the back of your car, then I guess just be careful that it doesn't get too low. You don't want it to be dragging or scraping on speed bumps or anything like that.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
I'll bet you anything the red teg has only a welded on muffler. That's how they usually end up looking because of the way the tubing is at the axleback part. Mine sort of points down too. I hate muffler shops.

If it's a bolt-on backback system, then it's going to be parallel to the ground. Of course there's the Apex'i N1 and 5Zigen Fireball that are angle up and out.

Your idea of an exhaust isn't bad actually. I would like to place large oval resonator there also, but the thing is you won't be able to fit it.

one idea I can suggest is to run a muffler like this:

and place it right under the trunk. Of course that's if you want the dual exhaust also. That's where the Gen 2's have their stock muffler placed.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I know on my old beater S10 with a 383 stoker, I had my exuast hiden all you could see was all the wind from the exaust, look really clean. But I do not know if you could have it hide behind the bumper and have it pointing down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts