Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i have a slight dilemma on my hands! in the next month or so i am putting on the wings west avenger kit. right now i have 2 dual exhausts on my car with 3' piping and no resonator, and as u can guess it's Extremely loud!! and im losing tourque cause of less back pressure, so ive decided 2 downsize to a 2.25' piping with a resoantor and only 1 dualie.
the problem i have is, should i get the exhaust done before or after i get the bodykit put on? the exhaust place said wait till afterwards, while on the other hand the bodyshop said do it before hand so i wont have to paint the back bumper twice, but if i do what the exhaust guy said im afriad it wont line up properly with old exhaust on there while i get the bodykit put on, and then go and completely change the exhaust around and everythign will be messed up, what should i do!?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
heres an idea, put the unpainted kit on with the exhaust and see how it fits...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but then i have to go back to the bodyshop and get it painted, which will end up costing me more money in labour and garbage like that

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Get the exhaust done first.
You can change body kits, modify them as such all before it is ever painted so it wouldnt matter where the exhaust was at.

once the exhaust is how you want it to be, look, etc. Then get the kit, match it up. If its not right, modify the kit, then paint it.

Is that a fiberglass kit or no?
You can take off the old rear yourself and check it closer by eye first if it will line up right. No need to keep going to a shop to find that out.

- Josh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts