Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys...i'm at 65k ..and 10k of it was supercharged..so I'm looking into a new clutch..there is a place called clutch city by my house and i can get a exedy street/race clutch for like 275$..anyone have any experience with exedy?...is it gonna be an impossible daily driver?..the salesman said it's not an oem or a race clutch it's somewhere inbetween....ALSO..should i get the 9lb Chromoly flywheel?...what does the lightened flywheel do..thanks for any input beforehand

·
Registered
104 Posts
i have one, it is the organic stage II version, i also bought it from clutch city. it is a tad bit stiffer than stock and it works great. no regrets.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
lightened flywheels allows the rpms to rise faster (and drop faster). it is important if you are looking for less lag time between shifts to get back up to the rpms at which you are making the most torque...this lag or recovery time is called "transient response".

the supposed decrease in parasitic effects to free up hp doesn't show up on a roller chassis dyno. We dyno'd my car right after I installed a Jun light chromoly flywheel and it didn't register any gain on the dyno. You gain a better et from better transient response and acceleration not hp gain from this. I do not recommend the Jun flywheel BTW...go Comptech, Exedy, Fidanza, or Toda.

·
Registered
173 Posts
MD,
Does getting a lightened flywheel on a FI car cause enough added stress to make it in-advisable for FI cars? I heard of discussion on whether or not the application on FI cars would cause breakage on another web forum..Is it dangerous or within marginal range? Just begging for clarification <grins>..thanks again

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
I would not use a machined down iron flywheel...if you get an aftermarket chromoly one, they should hold up as long as the install was done correctly. If you are nervous about it you can always get a scattershield (which isn't a bad idea actually anyway if you hammer on the flywheel).

·
Registered
36 Posts
If your are going for a bronze clutch or anything like that, then its actually better if you dont get a lightened flywheel.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
dude, your new name is the GRAVE digger. i think you just set a new world record

·
Registered
346 Posts
i just got a ride in a 550whp corvette the other day (fast as fu**, 0-60 in under 4 sec!!!) and it had a racing clutch, and the guy said that it wasn't that hard to drive it, you just have to get used to it

·
Registered
597 Posts
Just got my stage 2 exedy with my 7.5 lb fly and I love em both. really the 3 and 4th stage are the only ones where daily driving will get "tough" but stop and go traffic is the only place you actually don't enjoy it. everywhere else its just fun.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You need to ask yourself what you want to do with your car first and then go from there? The exedy clutch is a step up from factory and would be prefect for your needs. Good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts