Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
3,582 Posts
Hello, I have recently purchased an exedy clutch pro kit for my turbo gsr, would it be able to hold 240whp?
Why would you purchase something, and then ask if it's going to work for your application? Kinda backwards, isn't it?

Anyways, power rating with clutch typically go by torque, not HP. I would reach out to Exedy with the specific part number or "stage" clutch that you already purchased for clairification on the power level rating.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, I have recently purchased an exedy clutch pro kit for my turbo gsr, would it be able to hold 240whp?
Why would you purchase something, and then ask if it's going to work for your application? Kinda backwards, isn't it? Anyways, power rating with clutch typically go by torque, not HP. I would reach out to Exedy with the specific part number or "stage" clutch that you already purchased for clairification on the power level rating.
Well I got comp stage 3 at first but it was for 90-91 integra, so it didn't fit, then I returned it and my wife got me an exedy pro kit because it was cheaper, the lbs of torque my integra makes is 201, I sent them a message but they never replied so please help if you know that exedy can hold 200 lbs of torque for regular daily driving

·
Administrator
3,582 Posts
I don't see a "Pro-Kit" listed on Exedy's website. Although, they do specify torque ratings for each of their clutch kits:

Stage 1 Organic Clutch Kit - Torque Capacity: 187 ft/lbs ($345)
Stage 2 Ceramic Clutch Kit - Torque Capacity: 217 ft/lbs ($503)
EXEDY Racing Hyper Single Series - Torque Capacity: 235 ft/lbs ($1,411)
EXEDY Racing Hyper Comp Series - Torque Capacity: 427 ft/lbs ($2,036)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't see a "Pro-Kit" listed on Exedy's website. Although, they do specify torque ratings for each of their clutch kits:

Stage 1 Organic Clutch Kit - Torque Capacity: 187 ft/lbs ($345)
Stage 2 Ceramic Clutch Kit - Torque Capacity: 217 ft/lbs ($503)
EXEDY Racing Hyper Single Series - Torque Capacity: 235 ft/lbs ($1,411)
EXEDY Racing Hyper Comp Series - Torque Capacity: 427 ft/lbs ($2,036)
Here is the link > https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/113303642137

·
Registered
73 Posts
The short answer, YES most likely. Most aftermarket clutches can handle that sort of power, but this info should be easily searchable on google.

·
Administrator
3,582 Posts
The short answer, YES most likely. Most aftermarket clutches can handle that sort of power, but this info should be easily searchable on google.
Thank you sir!
In reviewing the eBay link you have above, the description of that clearly shows what it comes with in the kit, within the description:

ITEM SPECIFICS:
PACKAGE INCLUDES
EXEDY PRESSURE PLATE
EXEDY 4 SPRING ORGANIC DISC
EXEDY RELEASE BEARING
EXEDY PILOT BEARING
EXEDY ALIGNMENT TOOL

If that eBay seller's description is correct, than that would be Exedy's Stage 1 kit that I have listed above, which is only good for up to 187 ft/lbs.

Link: Exedy 4 Spring Organic Disc

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you sir!
In reviewing the eBay link you have above, the description of that clearly shows what it comes with in the kit, within the description:

ITEM SPECIFICS:
PACKAGE INCLUDES
EXEDY PRESSURE PLATE
EXEDY 4 SPRING ORGANIC DISC
EXEDY RELEASE BEARING
EXEDY PILOT BEARING
EXEDY ALIGNMENT TOOL

If that eBay seller's description is correct, than that would be Exedy's Stage 1 kit that I have listed above, which is only good for up to 187 ft/lbs.

Link: Exedy 4 Spring Organic Disc
Good catch man thank you for letting me know

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
3 Participants
Lucky Phonesoukseum
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing