Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i'm just looking for a general answer here....

say a teg had 300whp and a full interior, about what would the 1/4 mile time be? (assuming a good driver)

·
Registered
395 Posts
To answer your question in just a full "gerneral" guess id say low 12s.

Theres alot more into play here but you just wanted a gerneral answer, so there you have it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
there are websites that have estimated et's for a certain amount of horsepower. I think you just enter the weight of the car, amount of hp, and vice versa(you can find out the estimate hp for a et). I can't remember what websites have these or how accurate they really are but you could maybe get a ballpark figure. Just search for them or something

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Justin3 on Aug/07/02 said:
there are websites that have estimated et's for a certain amount of horsepower. I think you just enter the weight of the car, amount of hp, and vice versa(you can find out the estimate hp for a et). I can't remember what websites have these or how accurate they really are but you could maybe get a ballpark figure. Just search for them or something
You can't calculate hp based on the weight and 1/4 mile time of the vehicle. Where the engine delivers the power has a major impact on e/t.

Two integras could have the same whp but have very different e/t's based on when and how the engine puts the power that it generates to the ground.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I was just saying that they are out there...not that they are accurate or anything. I just got a laugh out of entering insane et's and seeing how much hp they said you needed.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Tegman01 on Aug/08/02 said:
What about torque #'s here people, I think that counts a little more than HP right?
well...we don't have much of it anyway...
. it counts...but i'd say hp counts a bit more than tq on a teg truthfully...

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
JiggyKooAndy on Aug/09/02 said:
Quote: Tegman01 on Aug/08/02What about torque #'s here people, I think that counts a little more than HP right? well...we don't have much of it anyway...
. it counts...but i'd say hp counts a bit more than tq on a teg truthfully...
i just wanted to jump on the quoting band wagon here. i think torque and hp are equally important. one with out the other would be like p-nut budder with out da jellie

·
Registered
4,804 Posts

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Torque and HP are synonymous with each other. You can't have HP without torque, so I don't get why anyone would say one is more important than the other.

But it's true, a peak power number means nothing. The Vortech supercharged Civic Si at 14psi putting down 320whp could only pull a 13.9 in the 1/4. If someone actually made a calculator that attempted to covert a peak HP number into 1/4 mile ET using just vehicle weight I would seriously laugh my ass off. Powerband shape as well as gearing in relation to that powerband are the biggest factors to consider. I beat a 220whp turbo Integra GS-R with my 168whp Type R at the strip. My ET was better but his trap speed was higher. Tuning for ultimate peak power will only win you top speed contests, on a real track it could make you fall flat on your face.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Again just saying that the websites are there didn't say i believed them or how accurate I was just really bored one night and sort of just laughed at the numbers they spat out. So if anyone is really bored and wants to see what hp numbers these things say you need compared to weight have at it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts