Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in England and own a Gen1 Integra which is badged as an EX16. Its a 1590cc DOHC 16v Injection, so what American spec does this equate to? It's a 4 door by the way. It is seriously the best "older" car I have ever owned and I would like to do some work on it, however I have not got a clue where to start (I am not particularly gifted with cars). Information over here is seriously limited on this car.....I think they were only officially on sale here for a year or so. Most G2 and G3 versions over here are import only and weren't on general sale. Anyway, I'm massively interested in some of the work you guys have done on your cars and would welcome any advice or tips. I need to get some general bodywork repairs done first, but am then thinking of lowering, respray, removal of the horrible moulded plastic spoiler and some new alloys? If I can do something nice with this car it will be a real one of a kind over here in Britain.

·
Registered
457 Posts
well you could start by goin to websites and looking for exuast or intake thats a good place to start do you want looks or go or sound? do you have a budget do you want race rims or chrome i think 17s would look good on a teg what color is your teg?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its silver, I want to sort the looks out first and then think about the performance. Budget is kinda ongoing.....but I don't want to spend too much on it. It's only worth about £500 gbp....probably about $800. I phoned a couple of custom car places here to see about getting a lowering kit and when I told them it was for a 89 Integra they just said "why bother?". Having seen some of the pictures on this site.....I'd love to bother. I'd really like some bodykit bits...especially a replacement spoiler and some side skirts. Could I get 17s on?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I absolutely love the Back Gen 1 (pictures posted by Black Gen 1) in the "Insult to Tegs" thread. Where could I get a spoiler like that from?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Good for you! Don't listen to those guys that told you why bother. If you want to make that Teg all it can be I say do it. Forget those guys. To start you search of parts check out modacar.com and nopionline.com. They both have a bit of everything you would need to get your ideas going. They are not the only places to get parts but they are good sites and great companies.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
hey, welcome! i too love the style and would definitely work on a G1 teg!

-check out www.g1teg.org to get the skinny on your teg and ideas from other members!
-there are LOADS of places that have exterior/interior/performance parts, you just have to look hard.
-Black_Gen1's teg has a Wings West spoiler - you can find it at www.wingswest.com

GOOD LUCK! POST PICS!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts