Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Acura Integra GS DB B18A1
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So been doin some research on finding out the year of the engine in general mainly for my OBD specifics cause I have a B18A1, I'm sure I have OBDI cause I know there is 4 wires on my o2 sensor making the block 92/93 I think. Im just not sure when it comes to trying to check the stamps above the headers, idk my car is a 98, the fkn block is a 93 then the vin check on the Trans says its a 99... idk I'm just confused.

Fixture Door Wood Font Gas

First there's that, maybe someone can check the vin on the Trans to verify or explain

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

Then there's that idk if that stamp is specific to the head

Automotive tire Rim Auto part Gas Composite material

No idea what that means

White Automotive tire Black Motor vehicle Bumper

Oh and there's that, thought type r only came in 2dr but I guess not after doing quick search, but my car has bug eye headlights not the type r front end. Wondering if anyone knows a way to cross reference the numbers on that badge to the car.

I'm thinking whoever owned this car fkd it up so bad they had to take out the R B18C5 and do a... reverse front end conversion or went through a lot of trouble to find a type r DB8 tag and all black interior w blk n red stich rep style seats.

As always help is appreciated

·
Registered
20 Posts
This thread gives me a headache... what does your firewall vin say? Thats a december 1989 head so probably an early made 1990 b18a if its not vtec.

some idiot probably put that tag to look cool if the front end is the round eye. And the trans is a gsr or type r casing at least

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ay my bad for the stress brother, alot of the threads get caught up in everyone's opinions about what they think,shii just turns into an egg hunt on the facts of how to actually find out what is what. Obviously my motor has been pieced together from the 4 corners of earth so trying to find info on identifying each part easily turns into a fkn 2hr research project for semi finals or sum shii. Buuutt regardless, I appreciate the effort.

·
Administrator
4,360 Posts
The blue badge is what was on JDM Integras. Someone added to your vehicle for aesthetics.

The VIN on the trans is easy. My advice would be to search the site with key words like "vin breakdown" or vin decoding". In doing so, you get this thread: VIN Decoding (Gen 3)

The stamps on the block do not equate to any specific year.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The blue badge is what was on JDM Integras. Someone added to your vehicle for aesthetics.

The VIN on the trans is easy. My advice would be to search the site with key words like "vin breakdown" or vin decoding". In doing so, you get this thread: VIN Decoding (Gen 3)

The stamps on the block do not equate to any specific year.
Bro always come through with the good info. Guess I was struggling with the right terms to use in my search instead of "how to tell" or "what's the difference", things like that can make a world's difference in the type of info you get.
Honestly im just looking for help to get proper resources to definitive facts so that I can get some knowledge by doing my own research about.... whatever.
I'm not trying to waste my time reading pages from past forums of people going off topic just to find that one solid answer.
As always, thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts